Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HG635 Dropping Out

Ulminbore
Popular Poster
Message 19 of 19

Like many another, I recently received an unrequested new router in advance of the "service improvement".  Set it up ok, seemed to work fine, until I realised it was constantly dropping out.  Checked the Talktalk home site and it told me the software version for the newly-supplied HG635 was out of date, but didn't make it clear how to update it.  Much research later and it seems i have software version v1.13t, which was superseded some years ago.  None of the suggested remedies for getting it to update work.  (I am set on "Auto" and "Remote" is ticked, I have rebooted, still nothing works).  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Hi Ulminbore,

Thanks for answering the security questions, I've sent you a PM

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 19

Hi Ulminbore,

Apologies for the delay, I've sent you a PM to confirm some details so that we can discuss the issue further

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 3 of 19

The forums don't provide real time support and each additional post just moves you back in the queue. Please wait and the team will respond again as soon as they can. 

0 Likes

Ulminbore
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 19

Ok - nothing happening today it seems.  Now seriously considering switching ISPs.

0 Likes

Ulminbore
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 19

Chris - Is it possible to opt out of the fibre up-grade?  Then I could just revert to my previous router which was working fine.

0 Likes

Ulminbore
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 19

Chris -  As an afterthought, what do you mean by connected?  Physically the router is pugged-in and turned on, but functionally the connection comes and gores from minute to minute - which of course is the problem (in fact it cut out in the middle of my first attempt to send this message).  I'm not always at my keyboard to "Reconnect" via the 192 log-in...

0 Likes

Ulminbore
Popular Poster
Message 7 of 19

Chris - Router will be turned on all day tomorrow (21st).  Just out of curiosity, my previous router was the DSL-3780, is it right that should be replaced with the HG635????

0 Likes

Ulminbore
Popular Poster
Message 8 of 19

Sorry for slow reply - I was out gain for the afternoon, but the router was switched on an operating, as before, connecting but with sporadic drop-outs.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

Hi Jim,

Sorry, still can't communicate with it, do you currently have an internet connection?

Chris

0 Likes

Ulminbore
Popular Poster
Message 10 of 19

Hi Chris - it's the HG635 version 0.1.01 - but it was turned off for a couple of hours this afternoon.  I'm crossing my fingers... Jim

0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

Hi Ulminbore,

Could you just confirm which router you currently have connected at the moment as I can't communicate with it?

Chris

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 12 of 19

Now that you have added your details the team should be able to push an update to your router when they are back online next week. 

0 Likes

Ulminbore
Popular Poster
Message 13 of 19

Ferguson - I installed the router about 10 days ago, so if it was updating every 2 or 3 days it should be right by now, instead its dropping every 3-5 minutes.  Hyper-frustrating.  Im about to revert to my previous TalkTalk router and "improvement" be hanged.

0 Likes

Ulminbore
Popular Poster
Message 14 of 19

Okay, phone-number now added - don't know why it didn't take the first time I tried...

0 Likes

Message 15 of 19

Hi Ulminbore,

Sorry but could you also please add your TalkTalk landline telephone number to your Community profile so that we can locate you on our systems 

Chris

0 Likes

Ulminbore
Popular Poster
Message 16 of 19

Hi Debbie (you're a busy lady) - details duly updated on profile.  Hope you can help.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 17 of 19

Hi Ulminbore

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 18 of 19

All TalkTalk routers are updated remotely, give it a day or two. Otherwise the support team can help.

If you would like them to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

0 Likes