Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

HG635 Please

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Chat Champion

Hi,

In a recent visit to try and resolve some broadband problems I was having, the TT engineer replaced the HG635 I had with a DSL 3782, reckoning the router was the problem.  As it turned out it wasn't and I continued to have problems and an Openreach engineer had to come out.

The D-link router I've been left with is nowhere near as good as the HG635 (which the TT engineer took away) for my usage.  For a start the D-link only has fast ethernet (100Mb) vs gigabit ethernet on the HG635 , which makes my across-LAN backups run an awful  lot slower/longer.  Also, I plug a USB drive into the router for local network storage & backups, etc, and the D-link has some deficiencies in DLNA and USB drive handling that cause some difficulties for my usage.

So, could I be sent a new HG635, please? (Free of charge that is!) And I'll return the D-link the TT engineer left me with.

Thanks 🙂

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @mc2tt your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear back on Monday. Good luck, I hear the hg635 are hard to come by, no wonder the engineer had it away.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
Chat Champion

Ok, hold off for now. I'm having broadband problems again and while calling that in I also asked for an HG635.

We'll see if one arrives....! 🙂

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi mc2tt

Apologies for the delay.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chat Champion

HG635 arrived.  Not installed and configured yet, but (unless when I do I find it doesn't work) we can now consider this request closed.  Thanks 🙂

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi mc2tt

Thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie

Highlighted
Community Star

@mc2tt wow lucky you, glad I was wrong. If for some reason you don't find the Hg635 satisfactory I can find a home for it😂

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.