would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

HG635 Please

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Chat Champion

Hi,

In a recent visit to try and resolve some broadband problems I was having, the TT engineer replaced the HG635 I had with a DSL 3782, reckoning the router was the problem.  As it turned out it wasn't and I continued to have problems and an Openreach engineer had to come out.

The D-link router I've been left with is nowhere near as good as the HG635 (which the TT engineer took away) for my usage.  For a start the D-link only has fast ethernet (100Mb) vs gigabit ethernet on the HG635 , which makes my across-LAN backups run an awful  lot slower/longer.  Also, I plug a USB drive into the router for local network storage & backups, etc, and the D-link has some deficiencies in DLNA and USB drive handling that cause some difficulties for my usage.

So, could I be sent a new HG635, please? (Free of charge that is!) And I'll return the D-link the TT engineer left me with.

Thanks 🙂

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @mc2tt your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear back on Monday. Good luck, I hear the hg635 are hard to come by, no wonder the engineer had it away.

The community is very busy, what took minutes can take hours. Be patient, avoid multiple posts and stay healthy, please.
Highlighted
Chat Champion

Ok, hold off for now. I'm having broadband problems again and while calling that in I also asked for an HG635.

We'll see if one arrives....! 🙂

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi mc2tt

Apologies for the delay.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chat Champion

HG635 arrived.  Not installed and configured yet, but (unless when I do I find it doesn't work) we can now consider this request closed.  Thanks 🙂

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi mc2tt

Thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie

Highlighted
Community Star

@mc2tt wow lucky you, glad I was wrong. If for some reason you don't find the Hg635 satisfactory I can find a home for it😂

The community is very busy, what took minutes can take hours. Be patient, avoid multiple posts and stay healthy, please.