cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Have a router. Need to sign up.

7 REPLIES 7
First Timer

I just moved to a new property. The previous tenant used TalkTalk's broadband and wifi. He cancelled the contract. I still have the router. I just need a wifi. Can I sign up and activate without an engineer needing to come in?

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

you may need to place a new order online.  If no access is required to your property and there is an existing line then BT Openreach can connect at the exchange.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

First Timer

Hi, thank you for your reply. What should I do in that case?

Hi risenea94

Did you try placing an order on the website?

Thanks

Debbie

First Timer

No, I haven't yet. Is it 100% guaranteed if I place an order online that I will have a broadband without an engineer needing to come for my activation (given that I have a TalkTalk router and landline)?

Enea

Hi Enea

We can't guarantee if the engineer will need to do any work within the property when completing the install. If this is the case then this would be delayed until June.

Thanks

Debbie

First Timer

But if I already have a TalkTalk's hub and a landline, why would an engineer need to come? 

Hi risenea94,

There could be a fault that's only apparent when the service goes live. Unfortunately, as stated above, we can't guarantee that a engineer won't be required

Chris