Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Move Delayed? Confusion!

mpross75
Conversation Starter
Message 19 of 19

Hi there.
Could someone at TalkTalk help me out please?
I moved home and I was told the internet would be switched on, on the 19th May.
On the 12th May I was left a voice message to say that my order was delayed and an engineer needs to come out.
I have been in communication with TalkTalk throughout the week, through live chat, and phone calls, each person contradicting each other.
I was told that there is a problem with the BT line and that nothing will be done untill Monday 16th, the guy told me he would personally call me Tuesday 17th to let me know whats happening.
Wednesday 18th I called to see why no one had phoned me and whats going on with my order. After being passed around, i was finally told that an engineer "may" come on the 19th and to wait in all day incase they come? and if they don't come, to ring back! By this point I had lost all confidence in the people I was dealing with here, none had any idea what was going on? When I asked if I was being lied too and was I being phobbed off about the engineer coming? I was ignored, it was if she couldnt here me, she just kept repeating that an engineer "may" come on the 19th!
They didn't come!
I've wasted so much of my time on this now. Hours of being passed around to different departments to end up none the wiser? and a whole day waiting in like an idiot, knowing full well I was lied to by TalkTalk employees!

The incompitence and lack of communication is unacceptable!
Can someone please help me with this?

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 1 of 19

It normally takes at least 30 days after resolution of the issue, @mpross75.

If nothing has materialised by the middle of July, I'd post a fresh thread in the billing section of the forum to chase up the issue of compensation. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

mpross75
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 19

Hi there, it has been a few weeks since the Internet was finally connected.

Will I be contacted about the compensation owed, or will I have to ask for it?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

Hi mpross75,

Just a quick update to let you know that Openreach have expedited the order and arranged the engineer visit for 09/06/2022 AM (8am-1pm), apologies again for the delay.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

Just a quick update, our Order Management team have picked this up and are trying to get the order expedited, I'll let you know when I have any further information 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

Thanks, I've passed this on to our Order Management team. We'll let you know when we receive an update

Chris

0 Likes

mpross75
Conversation Starter
Message 6 of 19

Ok. I have done that Michelle.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

Hello,

The team have asked if you have been provided with an order number or account number? Please can you add this to the Private Notes section of your Community Profile. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this and I've passed this back to the Order Management Team now.

Thanks

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 9 of 19

You should be entitled to compensation for the delay to the start of your service, details in the link below, but that will only be paid once you service is active and the numbers of days known.

You may get an additional goodwill payment, but don't bank on it.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

0 Likes

mpross75
Conversation Starter
Message 10 of 19

It's a bit too late...

I found this information out for myself on Thursday 26th May after "pleading" with the person on the phone for some information. I was at my wit's end by this point.

I was told what you said.

I want to know why someone didn't tell me this information 3 weeks ago. After it being rejected numerous times,

(So I was told), why didn't anyone act faster?

I've now got to wait until 10th June! 22 days after promised date!

I'm paying for subscription services I can't use.

I've had to pay for extra phone data.

I've Had to travel to use internet for things that need a larger data transfer.

Hours wasted on the phone, chat, and on here. Getting nowhere, and being lied to by talk talk staff.

I suffer from mental health problems and this has made me ill. The mental assault course talktalk has put me through is discusting and unacceptable. Sorry for your inconvenience just doesn't fix things here...

Also because I've had to reapply for broadband I've got to pay nearly £10 for delivery of hub!!

So. Now I wait for the 10th of June, and see if the "rejected" connection happens all over again?

Whilst I wait I would like to discuss what compensation you are willing to offer me?

As I have been adviced that talktalk have broken their terms and conditions here?!

0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

Hi mpross75,

I've received an update from our Order Management team and I'm afraid it's not good news, they have confirm that there is no service at your new address because the order was rejected. To progress this you would need to place a new order, if you could let me know when you've done this our Order Management team can expedite the order to get your service up and running ASAP. Apologies again for any inconvenience

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

I'm sorry, I have no further information at the moment. I'm chasing this up with our Order Management team, I'll let you know when I have any more information 

Chris

0 Likes

mpross75
Conversation Starter
Message 13 of 19

It's ok you are sorry for the inconvenience Chris, but it just doesn't cut it.

I've been told that it's  "being escalated" a few times now. So that phrase does not fill me with confidence.

Chris. By the end of the day I want to know,

what has happened here and what's going to happen next?

A actual date off an engineer? And rough idea of when I will have internet again.

If not I want a phone call from someone. Just something! Information!

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

Hi mpross75, 

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience, I have escalated it to our Order Management team for investigation, I'll check again later to see if there's been an update

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

mpross75
Conversation Starter
Message 15 of 19

Still haven't heard a thing?

Completely in the dark as to what is going on. No time frame of, if and when I will have internet!

It's pretty discusting that it's been over a week and I am still completely oblivious to what has happened.

If something isn't sorted out today I will be contacting trading standards about how to claim compensation and advice. I'm loosing out here. Paying for services I can't use, traveling to use an internet connection for work. Loss of earnings after waiting in all day, and being lied to by a member of your staff.

I understand I would have a gap with no internet for a while when moving home, but the lack of communication and incompetence is astounding! I've been a costumer for about 10 years, Doesn't that mean anything anymore?

Absolutely fuming!!

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

Thanks for answering the security questions, I've sent you a PM requesting a little more information.

Chris

0 Likes

mpross75
Conversation Starter
Message 17 of 19

Hi Chris, I have clicked link filled out details. What's next...

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 18 of 19

Hi mpross75,

I'm sorry about this. I've sent you a PM to confirm some details so that we can look into this further

Chris

0 Likes