cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Help finding WEP Key

3 REPLIES 3
First Timer

Hello, so I am self isolating and using my old nintendo from 2005 but I can’t find the WEP key on my new router to connect it to the internet. I know WEP keys are a bit outdated now so maybe that’s why it’s so hard to find.

Anyway, I am using a DSL-3782 model and after not being able to find it on the back of the physical router, I have logged into the router online and gone onto the wireless encryption section. I can pick between WPA/WPA2 and WEP, so I selected WEP(64bit). 

Then I got confused.

I can select Auth. type: Open or Shared, which one should I pick?

And below that, it has a 4 blank lines for the WEP key. 

If anyone can help my find the WEP key I will be extremely grateful.

Community Star

WEP should never be used at all now. If you did set the 3782 to use WEP, then none of your other devices would have any meaningful protection.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

First Timer
Hello, thank you for the advice, getting my whole family hacked just to play some mario kart probably isnt the best decision.

If I set up a guest WiFi network from my router would it protect me? And if so, is it even possible to do so with a D-link 3782?
Community Star

No sorry, the 3782 does not support Guest networks.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they?