Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home hub stand snapped

nicky62
Super Duper Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Hi

Any chance of replacement home hub stand please?

Existing one never seemed to have easiest of hinges to clip together (plus would be helpful to have dinks in stand for wires to pass through?)

On careful inspection I think hinges have snapped at some point - probably when trying to clip it together in haste previously.

If a new stand could be dispatched to me it would be great.

Thanks

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Nicky,

Glad our team have been able to help.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

nicky62
Super Duper Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Hi Debbie

Thank you.  Replacement hub is here and installed.  Touching wood, working smoothly.

Stand was pre-clipped on so I have gingerly put hub in its place with wires flowing as they will.  

I do feel the hub would be improved were the stand a little more robust and if it had some kind of clipping mechanism so the wiring is a little more organised in it's placing?

Thanks very much for organising and will return hub with snapped stand soonest.

All best

Nicky

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi @Tansea18

Please can you create a new thread, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi Debbie,

As I have the same problem are you able to send me a replacement too?

Regards, Tansea18

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi nicky62 

This will be the same router.

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

nicky62
Super Duper Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Hi Debbie

More than happy to receive a new hub if you are prepared to supply.  If identical to my current hub (honeycomb appearance and single white light when in operation;) in which case I will pay more careful attention to clipping the stand on at set up point than I did with the one I currently use as I hadn't taken on board just how frail it is.

Thanks

0 Likes

nicky62
Super Duper Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Hi - sounds a very similar scenario . . propped up onto cupboard ledge and always a source of concern when my children are messing about!  Efficacy of hub is let down I think by this weak aspect of it.   Also wires for ethernet cables and so on haven't been accomodated for with the stand?

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 10

Hi nicky62

Apologies for this.

We can't send a replacement stand, we would need to send a replacement router. Will this be ok?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Tansea18
Participant
Message 9 of 10

Hi nicky62,

I’m sorry if I am interrupting your enquiry but I am wondering if my problem is similar to yours. On receipt of my new WiFi Hub I pulled out the stand to set it up and it came apart from the unit and I haven’t been able to push it back on. I now have the hub propped upright with a couple of books at the rear. I didn’t use excessive force and wonder if this is an inherent problem with the new unit.

Regards, Tansea18

0 Likes