cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Home moving during coronavirus

3 REPLIES 3
Chatterbox

Hi, I'm due to move on Tuesday 31st March to my new build, but I cant get through to Talktalk to move my broadband over to the new property. 

The address can get broadband and has all the bt fibre lines and terminal boxes, also included is a router.

If I connect up my Talktalk router to the network, would Talktalk still be able to move our network onto the new line as my partner works in IT and is going to be working from home. 

Philosopher

If the new build has fibre to the home (FTTH) then only BT will connect you, TalkTalk DO NOT as yet re-sell that product.

Does the house have a "normal" phone socket or an Optical Network Termination and Modem ?

What has your developer told you ?

Even if you can get something from TT, then you should have started a Home Move a while ago, in normal times this takes at least two weeks to organise.

Martin
Chatterbox

Hi, 

I have the optical connection and modem in the property. 

I've tried to start my home move for the last 3 weeks but unable everytime to start it as its asking me to call the customer services which are now shut for home moves. 

Philosopher

TT do not provide FTTH, except in York and even then do not automatically install equipment in new build homes.

If there IS a normal phone line it is also likely that as the home is cabled for fibre, the only option would be old style ADSL as Openreach seem not to be installing street cabinets for FTTC which is what TT sell.

Talk to the developer or seller to see if they know the options.

Martin