Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homesafe how can I tell it is working?

royburt
Chatterbox
Message 8 of 8

When I went on a financial website, banking or insurance etc, a green border appeared round the edge my screen. so, I could tell Homesafe was working, but since re-setting my laptop this green border doesn't now appear, so I've no idea whether Virus alert is working or not even though it is activated in my settings. Why isn't the green border appearing anymore? How can I tell if the virus protection is working or not please anyone?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Thank you very much for that Gliwmeaden2

After re-setting my laptop I installed Trustee Rapport as I used to have it before laptop recovery. I read the article in your link and a similar thing happened to me. A few hours after re-setting I couldn't open Microsoft Edge or Chrome. I clicked and nothing happened. I had to go through the whole recovery process again, but from your article it looks like it could have been the Trustee Rapport causing it. Now I'll know next time it happens. Apart from that I have never had any problem with Rapport. I thought I was safe online with that and Homesafe with banking protection. Now I have Rapport, Home Safe and a free Mcafee app to protect me. I hope that will be enough.

Message 2 of 8

If you change your mind or need more help please just let us know. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

@royburt, it's worth doing a bit of research. 

I have used Trusteer Rapport, for example, without problems, but Which? gives it a thumbs down:

https://computing.which.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/115005579745-Should-you-use-Trusteer-Rapport-

That is the only banking protection software I have used and it worked fine with Norton running on my computer. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 4 of 8

Thank you for your prompt reply. I am sure you are correct after what I have read on the websites about  Super safe boost was free but now costing £4 per month. This includes protection for up to 10 devices I think, suitable for a family. I am on my own and have just one device so it seems I would be paying for a lot that I don't need. It may be better for me to find alternative free virus software.

Your Sincerely

Graham

Message 5 of 8

Hi royburt, as Chris said Banking Protection is part of SuperSafe not HomeSafe. We used to provide a single user licence at no charge and I suspect it's that, that you were using. If you've recently renewed or upgraded you'll no longer have access to the free single user licence. 

If you need me to check all this on your account I'm happy to do so and will need to send you a personal message to get more information. I've done that. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

As far as I know I have never had supersave. I believe there is a charge for Supersave so I've  just had Homesafe on my laptop. But I definately used to have a green border appear when I went on a bank website.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hi royburt,

I think you're referring to banking protection which is part of SuperSafe (rather than HomeSafe). Is the SuperSafe boost still installed on your laptop following the reset?

Chris

0 Likes