Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrendous Procedures

lunsfordc
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 4

I've been trying to help an elderly lady with her broadband issues which have gone on now for at least 6 weeks.    She's had intermittent down times usually happening during the night.   Rebooting the router is successful sometimes and other times it can take countless retries before it connects.

We've had 3 engineer visits - all with no faults detected during their tests.   We've changed master socket and router, but still her line drops overnight.   The engineers say they cannot raise this to the next level (Openreach) because they cannot detect a fault.   But there's obviously a problem and it certainly appears to be outside - on the line or in the cabinet.   And that's Openreach territory.   So how on earth do we get Openreach involved?

My main gripe is with the customer service procedures that TT impose on their customers.   Especially when the customer is elderly and in this particular case very much non technical.  This poor lady was in tears after her first phone call to report the problem.    I stepped in after that so as to ease her pain.   

After each engineer visit there was a test period (48 hours) to "see if the problem persists".    Then we call back in and have to go through the whole thing again, answer the same questions, do the same tests, get the same results and then get a new engineer appointment.     Unbelievably, each time we call in they say "please hold while I bring up your account", so one would think they're seeing a record of what's transpired to this point.   But obviously not because we get the same run around.    The same questions and tests..... and of course, another appointment with an engineer.    Funny thing is, today's engineer was the same one as last time.   He came to the door, asked if it was the same issue, and said there's absolutely nothing he can do for us.

How can this end?    Well, my advice to the lady is to change provider. 

I can't understand why anyone would want to treat their customer this way.

I've enjoyed the rant.   Thank you.

Lunsfordc    

3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi

They've not posted as yet, but with the nice weather recently, we are not to busy in community and can pick this up quickly when they do post.

We do understand the difficulty of tracking down a fault that is intermittent or out of hours etc, but do have access to look at the history of a line at these times to see if there are any spikes in errors across a line.  If they have a fibre connection, we do have access to pull the Openreach DLM logs and these record line conditions at 15 minute intervals so can often see various errors if they occur through the night.

Until they post, I cannot see the full details of what has taken place so far, or review any engineer notes, but myself and the rest of the team hear can be quite tenacious when it comes to getting to the bottom of an issue. I also don't believe in making assumptions, so it may be reported as a broadband fault, but I will look at all aspects, including all voltage levels across a line, consider external influences such as RF interference, REIN conditions or other electrical interference etc, and will try to tackle an issue from every angle 🙂

With regard to past performance by agents, we do have feedback mechanisms in place to try to improve on this and these will certainly be used.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

lunsfordc
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 4

Karl,

That's very kind of you.  I will go one better than that.   Yesterday I got her to join the Community with the intent of getting her to post her problem directly.   That will be done today under the username  "shelp"  with a subject line of "Intermittent Line Problem".

My rant is not so much regarding her broadband problem ( although I do want to see that fixed), but more in line with getting TT to re-evaluate their current procedures in handling/dealing with customer issues.   In particular those issues which are ongoing, long term, and/or repeat issues.  Why can't our account history records play a larger role in dealing with the complaint?   Why do we spend countless hours going over the same territory when that territory has been verified by your own engineers?

It is the TT procedures that are at fault here.   Not the people at the end of the telephone line who are trying to address the issue.

Thanks again for listening,

Lunsfordc     

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi

Can you put the phone number of the line that is at fault in the private notes section of your 'Community Profile' and I'll see what I can see from here.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes