Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I order a replacement router

Copperhead
Chatterbox
Message 9 of 9

Hi, I've been told by the Open Reach engineer that my router needs replacing. Does anyone know how to contact TalkTalk to arrange this? I've spent most of the morning on the TalkTalk website but there seems to be no way of contacting anyone, not even web chat.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Copperhead

Thanks for your reply.

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi Debbie, Thank you for coming back to me. As it turns out, I haven't needed to because we've had a series of engineers turn up and the one today confirmed the router is at fault. Since their visit, I have been advised that a new router is on its way.

Thanks again for your help.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi Copperhead

I'm sorry for the delay.

Have you made contact with our Live Chat team since your last post? If you haven't then please let me know and I will order you a replacement router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Thank you for the suggestions and screenshots. I changed from Firefox to Opera and lo, the chat line button appeared. They are closed, but at least I know how to reach them when they open.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Another link to live chat on this page here: Our update on Coronavirus - TalkTalk Help & Support which also includes the current phone and chat support opening hours.

Unfortunately they're just about closed now tonight.

You should see something like this when chat is available:

Chat now.jpg

If you are seeing "Chat busy" (as below) you may need to wait a short while or keep refreshing the page until you get "Chat now"

ChatBusy.jpg

If you are not seeing the Chat now or Chat busy buttons make sure any ad/pop-up blocking in your browser is disabled or try a different browser.

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 9

You can use the phone to speak to an agent. And Live chat is available, I have checked. If you prefer you can wait until the support team are back online next Monday I am sure they can help. 

Copperhead
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 9

Thank you for your reply ferguson. I have tried the number and it is automated. The end result was a line test that said the line had no problems. I looked at the link for the web chat and it just goes to a page that says they are short staffed and with no option, that I can see, to actually access web chat. I think it will probably be easier if I just order a new router from the shop.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

You can call 0345 172 0046. Live chat is available here

0 Likes