Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I turn Scam Protection off?

MattyL
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

I have recently moved over to Talk Talk and am having real problems. I use Teamviewer and Splashtop for work but cant access either now due to the scam protection.

I have tried to call twice, both times i was assured it was disabled, after waiting on hold for a good 10 minutes (presumably to run checks to make sure i wasn't in a far away land) but still no joy!

This is impacting my work and really isn't very helpful!

Some days you're the Pigeon, Some days you're the Statue......
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Jedward,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own thread and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

I also have been trying to turn Scam Protection off in order to operate Team Viewer. The off tab simply doesn't work. Numerous e-mails and phone calls to Talktalk have had no effect. Can anybody help?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi

I checked the info with Ady, all is now done.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Thanks Karl, I have PM'd Ady with the details required

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi MattyL

PM's should mow be enabled for you.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Hi, I dont seem to have a PM?

Where do i send my info to? i'm really struggling with this now!

thanks

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hi MattyL, I can turn scam protection off for you. I've sent you a Private Message so that we can do security checks and then get this sorted for you. 

0 Likes