Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

How do you Enable FTP

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
First Timer

How do I enable FTP on a FAST5364-3-T8 router, since switching to talktalk I've not been able to access webservers via FTP.

Highlighted
Community Star

I assume that you mean that you want to set some device up behind the router as an FTP Server? Please can you be more precise as to your requirements?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
First Timer

I simply want to be able to FTP files from my local computer to various remote webservers.
Since switching to Talk Talk and using the provided sagemcom 5364 router, I can no longer do this.

Highlighted
First Timer

Adobe TypeKit font enablement has also stopped working since making the switch to the Talk Talk router, overall the experience has been terrible and customer support appalling (tech support didn't even know what ftp was!) I might switch back to my old router and see if that fixes the problems, any ideas as to where I might find my ISP User Name and Password, none of the details I have seem to work so it's probably something I not been told.

Highlighted
Community Star

So the FTP client is on your PC, then you should not have a problem. What is the exact problem & do you get any error messages?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
First Timer

I'm using Adobe DreamWeaver to design and develop various client websites. Dreamweaver has ftp functionality built-in, to transfer files from my local computer to the remote webservers. Before switching to Talk Talk this worked seamlessly with no configuration required by me in the router setting or anywhere else. Since switching to Talk I can no longer access, via ftp, any of my client's website servers.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Can you try using a program such as Filezilla.

I always has issues with dreamweavers in built FTP utility so would always use filezilla to upload files.

Give this a try and this will confirm that FTP protocol is working through the router.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE