Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to book an engineer

First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Hi, I recently had some work done on my balcony and they damaged my external internet wire I fixed it for now by re attaching the broken wires, but my speeds are now less than 2mb is there a way I can get an engineer to come and fit me a new cable or repair it for me? And how much would this cost?


Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi Scott,


Can you please update your community profile to include your:

  • Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 





Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi @Scott06d ,


It would be worth going to the Service Centre to do a test on your phone line, if this can detect the fault it can sometimes arrange an engineer call out for you. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.


For one of the TalkTalk staff on this forum to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.


Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.


The staff won't be around now until Monday, but they should be able to respond to this post early next week to help.