Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei DG8041W - V1.05

Divsec
Community Star
Message 18 of 18

Hi I'd be very grateful if you could update my router to latest version (may well have happened overnight), and then check my connection it seems to be progressively by slowing down.

Unfortunately not possible to use master socket as for some obscure reason it is located in a very bad location. 

Many thanks in advance 

D

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Divsec
Community Star
Message 1 of 18

Thanks for your help everyone, the modem element on my Draytek, 3yr old, packed up this morning, so back on with the Huawei and bleed all over Draytek to see if they will fix it. Good shopping opportunity if nothing else 

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 2 of 18

Hi @Karl-TalkTalk thanks for checking this out for me. Now all that remains is to endure the earache from senior management won't be pretty.

🙉🤷‍♂️

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 18

Hi

All looks ok here, I've had a look at all the voltage and capacitance levels across the line and all are fine.

I'd initially suspect the socket or internal wiring as no issues can be seen from this side.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 4 of 18

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk well tried that with my Draytek router and sad to say it went downhill. 

When you have a chance would appreciate your thoughts, I get the feeling I might be master socketing which will be a pita

All the best and thanks

D

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18
0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 6 of 18

@Chris-TalkTalk will do thanks Chris I'll pop it on this evening 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

OK, do you have another router that you can test with, just leave connected for a couple of days to see if DLM moves you to a faster profile?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

@Chris-TalkTalk telephone is fine thanks Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

Is your telephone service OK? (line test is passing but DLM has moved you to a slower profile)

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 18

@Chris-TalkTalk just router and 1phone

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

OK thanks, do you just have one telephone and the router connected or do you have other devices connected?

Chris

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 12 of 18

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk 5 or so I'm afraid. The master socket is in a powerless location and extremely wife unfriendly to use. 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

Hi Divsec,

As Keith has said v1.05 is the latest firmware version for your router. Your speed is a bit low though. How many telephone sockets do you have?

Chris

Divsec
Community Star
Message 14 of 18

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk how good am I! Sorted sorry 😢🤦‍♂️

D

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 15 of 18

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, is the telephone number in your Community Profile correct? Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

Divsec
Community Star
Message 16 of 18

Thanks @KeithFrench yes understood I just wanted everything tickety boo so when the the guys get to the second part of my request they had 1 thing less to concern them

D

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 17 of 18

Hi @Divsec 

All that V1.06 does is fix an issue where the router keeps restarting & if you look in the User Log, you would see that it has restarted due to a kernel panic.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes