Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei HG633 router upgrade

stevenuk
Participant
Message 6 of 6

My Huawei HG633 is still on firmware v2.00t, which was the latest as mentioned in another post here dated 2018-09-09.  Remote management is enabled, so I presume that is the latest firmware update available.  So I take that this is a legacy model.  I do I request a new router?  I could find no way to do so online and the telephone service keeps ending in an automated line test.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi stevenuk

as Birchcroft mentions, the router is doing it's job. You would not believe how many nasty things are out there across the internet.  It's a regular cesspit of Virus, malicious code, wannabe hackers, malware, adware, spyware, bots in addition to automated port scans, so many many things. Every minute of the day there is something knocking on the virtual door of your internet, so the router does it's job and blocks these.  Many of these attempts will show up in the logs and that's perfectly normal.

Our routers are fully secure against the latest threats, having said that, I always advise customer to make sure they have up to date security also on their devices, a good quality antivirus program running on their PC or other devices that access the internet.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Birchcroft
Philosopher
Message 2 of 6

If it's reporting intrusion events, and blocking them, it is doing its job.  If you look at almost any router log you will see intrusion events logged because there are plenty of people/companies/academic-institutions out there probing the internet for vulnerabilities.  Some of this is malicious but a lot of it focused on helping improve the overall security of the internet by identifying problems and reporting them to manufacturers/ISPs so they can remedy any problems found.

ferguson
Community Star
Message 3 of 6

OK, this has been flagged to the support team, please wait for further advice from them. 

0 Likes

stevenuk
Participant
Message 4 of 6

No issues that I am aware of.

However, the system log keeps reporting intrusion attempts, so I am keen to have the latest security updates.  This router has not received an update in years, which is of concern.  I wonder if TalkTalk is still supplying it to new customers or if a new update is expected soon.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

It is not a legacy model, it remains supported. You have the latest firmware. Are you having any issues with it?

0 Likes