Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INTERNET DISCONNECTS EVERY FEW MINUTES?

DavidMalan
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Hi everyone, most of the time our broadband works fine but in the last month there have been periods each day when the internet connection doesn't work, the light on the router changes from white to orange every minute or two, constantly disconnecting and reconnecting. This has mostly happened in the early hours of the morning, but it is currently happening during the day. Testing the line seems to give conflicting results and some support features don't work due to technical difficulties. There is some noise on the phone line too though we never usually use it. 

PS. I was able to speak to an advisor online who advised me on moving the router position, using an extender, using wired connections which I don't think will make any difference as this has only just started happening after 11 months of being problem-free and all devices using the network are affected equally. I have changed the wireless channels as suggested in the document (though I had to choose them at random) I was sent and will see if this prevents the problem recurring.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi David,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

You need to complete your community forum profile details, @DavidMalan, for staff to identify your account. 

Please go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard. 

Staff will be back on here from Monday - please wait for them to respond before posting further, to keep your thread moving forward in the queue for attention. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.