Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Addresses

DJJohhnyJetson
Whizz Kid
Message 5 of 5

Good afternoon.

I am enquiring as to whether Talktalk now uses fixed IP addresses on their services, also if they do, am I one of those lucky people that has a fixed IP.

If I am not fixed IP, is there any way that I can find out the last few IP addresses for my service over the last 2 months.  Its to do with a case my partner is going through with her employers, where they state she has worked remotely, and have said she has done something from her computer at home and they have an IP address that she did the said deed with.  My router only holds a limited log and only shows me the current IP address that I am using.

Thank you in advance 

John

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 1 of 5

You should be able to set your router up as a DDNS client & subscribe to a DDNS provider where you allocate yourself a DDNS domain. This keeps track of IP address changes & someone from the internet uses that domain name to devices connected locally to your router.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

OK John, glad to hear that you've managed to find the information 

Chris

0 Likes

DJJohhnyJetson
Whizz Kid
Message 3 of 5

Hi Chris.

Thanks for the information, I think I've found the address anyways, as my router is not a Talktalk one, it has a more extensive log, took a bit of reading, and an IP trace website, I think I have found the information that I need.

Thank you again, but if you can try to find out for future information, it would be very much appreciated.

John

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 5

Hi John,

You have a dynamic IP address but the IP address would only usually change on fibre if you switch your router off or the connection drops for a length of time. To be honest I'm not sure if we can provide the IP addresses as this isn't something that I've ever been asked for.

Chris