Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im Not Getting My Guaranteed Speed

Capenter86
Team Player
Message 35 of 35

Hi ive been with TalkTalk for about 5 years but for the past few months ive noticed slower speeds of around 20 - 22 mbps download according to my account my Guaranteed Speed is 27mbps.

i run Ubiquiti Dream Machine Pro ,but as requested by the customer support team i plugged the TalkTalk Router in for 4 days and tested every day 3 time to get a average and still only got 20 - 22 mbps , proving that my setup with the Ubiquiti Dream Machine Pro was not the problem as such ive switch back to it as its needed for other reasons aswell.

Plz could some one please give me some advice

Carpenter/Joiner , Tech Enthusiast.
0 Likes
34 REPLIES 34

Message 1 of 35

Hi Andrew,

Arranging another engineer visit is really the only thing that we can do at this stage. If you'd like us to go ahead could you provide availability please and please note that Engineer Charges may apply 

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some details 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 35

Hi Chris

Sorry, it's taken me so long to reply, If there is anything that can be done by getting another engineer to visit then ok, But the last engineer said that there wasn't anything that could be done and the line was fine. If you think this is the way forward then ok we can give it a try. 

Kind Regards

Andrew

Thank for the help so far  

0 Likes

Message 3 of 35

Hi Capenter86,

The guaranteed minimum speed that we give comes from data provided by BT Openreach. As the speed is still below the guaranteed minimum we can arrange another engineer visit to see if anything further can be done. Please let us know if you would like us to arrange this

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 35

Ive edited the screenshot to remove my Account and phone number 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 35

Hi when I go to Sevice center on the TalkTalk page on my account and run a Speed Test at the bottom it says 26mb minimum guaranteed speed as shown in the attachment 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 35

Hi Andrew

Thanks for keeping us updated.

I've checked and the minimum guaranteed speed is showing 21.7mb. Where can you see the guaranteed speed of 26mb?

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 35

Hi I had an engineer visit and he couldn't find any fault in my house or on the line, He said the max speed my line is capable of is only 25 and my sync speed is only 20 so my usable speed will be around 18Mb/s. This means I would never get my guaranteed download speed of 26Mb/s.

This is a problem as your guaranteed download speed is 26Mb/s which is what I'm paying for, I understand this is for 1 device and I would not get this to my devices but the sync speed to the house should be 26Mb/s and a very minimum.

Thank you for your help and I look forward to any way we can resolve this.

Kind Regards

Andrew

0 Likes

Message 8 of 35

Hi Andrew

The engineer visit has been arranged for 10/05 PM (1pm - 6pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 35

We had An engineer come before to the house ( In February 2021 )and he said he couldn't find a fault inside the house. they did find that the box outside near the pole needed cleaning and did this which seem to help for a short period.

Kind Regards

Andrew

0 Likes

Message 10 of 35

Hi I can confirm potential engineer charges are ok and someone will be in the house AM and PM Most days as long as warned in advance .

Kind Regards 

Andrew

Message 11 of 35

Hi Andrew

Thanks for your reply.

Please can you confirm potential engineer charges and provide your availability for this visit AM and PM? I will then book the first available visit.

Engineer charges

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 35

yes, please as the problem doesn't seem to improving.

Thank you 

Kind Regards 

Andrew 

Message 13 of 35

Hi Andrew

Would you like us to arrange an engineer visit?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 14 of 35

Hi yes I've tested the 2 routers you have sent me and I've tried my own all seem to have the same speeds over a week or more of uses.

What is the next step to try?

Kind Regards 

Andrew

0 Likes

Message 15 of 35

Hi

DLM has lowered to 20mb earlier today.  Can I ask, has a different router been tested ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 16 of 35

I'm just Bumping ask I was asked to, so you can check if there is any improvement or check to see if DLM has made any further changes

0 Likes

Message 17 of 35

Hi Andrew,

I've replied to your PM

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 35

Hi Andrew

Thanks for your reply.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so I can check the speed range for your line.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 19 of 35

Over the past week it has dropped out a few times but it very hit and miss as to when it does drop out. 

Yes, my router is plugged into the test socket.

Thanks for getting back to me 

Regards 

Andrew

0 Likes

Message 20 of 35

Hi Capenter86

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a further line test which hasn't detected any faults and the line is in sync at 20mb.

Has the connection been dropping?

Is the router connected at the test socket at the moment?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes