Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im Not Getting My Guaranteed Speed

Capenter86
Team Player
Message 35 of 35

Hi ive been with TalkTalk for about 5 years but for the past few months ive noticed slower speeds of around 20 - 22 mbps download according to my account my Guaranteed Speed is 27mbps.

i run Ubiquiti Dream Machine Pro ,but as requested by the customer support team i plugged the TalkTalk Router in for 4 days and tested every day 3 time to get a average and still only got 20 - 22 mbps , proving that my setup with the Ubiquiti Dream Machine Pro was not the problem as such ive switch back to it as its needed for other reasons aswell.

Plz could some one please give me some advice

Carpenter/Joiner , Tech Enthusiast.
0 Likes
34 REPLIES 34

Message 21 of 35

Hi My Speeds are getting worse again and I haven't changed anything on my end, some days I'm only getting about 15MB which is not great. Is there any problem with my line as I don't seem to be able to get it to increase ?

Thank you 

Kind Regards Andrew 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 22 of 35

Hi Capenter86,

Thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 23 of 35

Thank you Chris

Thank you this is all fixed . Thanks for you help over the past 2 weeks 

Kind regards

Andrew

Message 24 of 35

Hi Openreach came out yesterday had a look at the line to the road outside my house and im guessing the exchange , but since he left my speeds have been even worse and im getting random drop out of the line even the telephone keeps dropping out. im not sure if they found anything or not ? so not sure if the speeds will improve over the next day or if they need to fix anything . could you please let me know if they found any problems ?

Im needing to work from home as of Monday and need a stable internet to be able to do so .

thank for you help this far 

kind regards 

Andrew

0 Likes

Message 25 of 35

Hi Chris I've check my speeds again this evening as I've been busy working today so was unable to check before , the speeds have not improved yet so was wondering if any thing has been done by Openreach yet ?

Thank for your ongoing help with this matter

Kind regards

Andrew

0 Likes

Message 26 of 35

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the bump. It's still 'in hand' with Openreach, I'll check again tomorrow, apologies for the delay

Chris

0 Likes

Message 27 of 35

Hi I've check my speeds this morning 3 times and there is no difference maybe a little worse than last week .

I've not had any contact about this over the weekend from Openreach .

Would it be possible to get a update on whether this has been looked at please.

kind regards 

Andrew

0 Likes

Message 28 of 35
0 Likes

Message 29 of 35

Ok thank you for the help so far

Kind Regards

Andrew 

0 Likes

Message 30 of 35

OK thanks. As the line test is failing I've raised this as a non-appointed task to Openreach. They'll investigate over the next 72 hours and may contact you directly. If you don't hear anything beforehand can you bump the thread on Monday and we'll check for updates

Chris

0 Likes

Message 31 of 35

Hi ive not noticed any noise on my line.

I only have one telephone socket which is my Master socket, And yes my master socket dose have a test socket .My Master socket has the MK4 VDSL faceplate on it aswell.

Thanks 

Andrew

0 Likes

Message 32 of 35

Thanks for that 

Line test is picking up a potential issue, are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

How many telephone socket do you have? Does your matser socket have a Test Socket?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 33 of 35

Hi ive updated my number i had put to many numbers .

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 34 of 35

Hi Capenter86,

Could you take a look at the landline number you've added to your community profile, it looks like you may have a digit to many

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes