Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inactive broadband and account being closing after moving address

shizkiz
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Hi,

I just moved my broadband to another property for which the deactivation date of my old property was 17/07/2021 and the activation date of my new property was meant to be on the 24/09/2021. I realize now that I never got a confirmation email for this, however, when I initially ordered this property move, this order could be seen in my TALKTALK account moving home section, so I did not worry. However, now when I click on "Start moving home", I got a message saying: "Your account is currently in the process of being closed, it will not be possible to home move your account. Come and take a look at our great value products and services and see how you can join us again today.".

Also, my personal details still shows my old address, of which its broadband is still affectively deactivated.

Ultimately, my move order was not properly processed and as a result, I don't have broadband at my new address and my account is closing without my consent.

Please someone clarify the situation for me and/or provide a solution, or help me move to another ISP with minimum to none termination charges.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi @shizkiz

Thanks for your post, sorry that you are having problems.

If you would like us to look into this, please can you update your community profile to include your home telephone number or account number, we will then be able to have a look at your  account.

To do this go into 'my settings' then 'personal information' then add your details.

Thanks

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 2 of 3

A gap of over 2 months is very unusual in a home move.

Not having a confirmation email and waiting those 2 months was not a good idea.

Suggest you call the Home Move team as soon as possible, staff will be back here on Monday.