cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Intermittent Broadband Problems for over 2 months

Community Team

Hi mc2tt,

There is TalkTalk kit at the exchange but the Openreach engineer should be able to access any equipment required to resolve the problem. 

Yes there are different types of Openreach engineer

I'm sorry we can't specify that just one engineer owns the issue until it's resolved

Chris

mc2tt
Conversation Starter

Ok, well as long as you send one of the type that can do everything 🙂

So, how to we proceed to agreeing a mutually possible date & time?

P.S.  Had another drop, this one took quite long to recover.  Back at 14Mb.

2019-11-07 12:34:25 System Notice WAN connection INTERNET_TR069_R_0_38:IPv4 connected.
2019-11-07 12:34:21 System Notice WAN connection Other_R_0_65:IPv4 connected.
2019-11-07 12:34:21 System Notice DSL connection is active.
2019-11-07 12:33:52 System Notice DSL connection is disactive.
2019-11-07 12:33:23 System Notice DSL connection is disactive.
2019-11-07 12:31:55 System Notice DSL connection is disactive.
2019-11-07 12:31:42 System Notice DSL connection is disactive.
2019-11-07 12:31:22 System Notice DSL connection is disactive.
2019-11-07 12:31:18 System Notice WAN connection Other_R_0_65:IPv4 disconnected.(ERROR_NO_CARRIER)
2019-11-07 12:31:17 System Notice DSL connection is disactive.
2019-11-07 12:30:46 System Notice WAN connection Other_R_0_65:IPv4 connected.
2019-11-07 12:30:45 System Notice DSL connection is active.
2019-11-07 12:27:43 System Notice DSL connection is disactive.
2019-11-07 12:26:45 System Notice WAN connection Other_R_0_65:IPv4 disconnected.(ERROR_NO_CARRIER)
2019-11-07 12:26:41 System Notice WAN connection INTERNET_TR069_R_0_38:IPv4 disconnected.(ERROR_NO_CARRIER)
2019-11-07 12:26:41 System Notice DSL connection is disactive.

Community Team

Hi mc2tt,

If you'd like us to go ahead with the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also PM'd you to confirm some other details 

Thanks

Chris

mc2tt
Conversation Starter

I've replied to your PM.

In regards to one of my questions (d) above, will the engineer you are sending be able to access and examine the line logs and historical stats to see how the line has been behaving over the past few days?  (The previous openreach engineer said he couldn't.)

If not, could you send me the graphs/tables of whatever stats might help them figure out the problem, please?  SNR/errors/whatever-else graphs/tables for the whole of this week could be very useful, as the past few days have been particularly bad.

Community Team

Hi

I've booked in an engineer for Tues 12th AM (8-1).  There are no PM appointments available for the Tuesday. Let me know if this is ok or you need to reschedule.

There may be PM appointments available from the Thursday onwards if a specific PM time is required.

Thanks

Karl. 

mc2tt
Conversation Starter

Can we do Friday 15th PM?  If so, please change the appointment to then.

If not then leave the Tuesday AM one for now and I'll see if I can shuffle some commitments, and get back to you.

Community Team

Hi mc2tt,

I've changed the appointment to November 15 2019, PM as requested, please let us know how you get on

Chris

mc2tt
Conversation Starter

Many thanks 🙂

I called in yesterday to see if I could get the appointment shifted but at that time there weren't any PM slots free this week, so I asked the rep to add a note to the (Tue AM) booking to say to the engineer to come as late as possible in that morning please.

Could you now remove that note (if it's still there), please.

I'd also appreciate a reply to my post #24 above, please.

Thanks.

Community Team

Hi mc2tt

We can add a note for the engineer but we can't guarantee what time they will arrive. This will depend on the route the engineer takes and what order the visits are arranged.

Just to confirm, what was the question, I can't find one in that post mentioned sorry?

Thanks

Debbie

mc2tt
Conversation Starter

I asked to have the already existing note removed. if it was still there, not one added.  But never mind, I've phoned in and checked it.

My other request was (modified due to the passage of time), will the engineer you are sending be able to access and examine the line logs and historical stats to see how the line has been behaving over the previous week? (The previous openreach engineer said he couldn't.)

If not, could you send me the graphs/tables of whatever stats might help them figure out the problem, please? SNR/errors/whatever-else graphs/tables for the whole of last week could be very useful, as the last week was particularly bad and, as the problem is intermittent, it may not be happening while the engineer is here.

Community Team

Hi mc2tt

The engineer will be able to see any errors that are on the line. They have access to their own tools to see this.

We are unable to send over any graphs sorry. The engineer will complete full investigations on the line to try and locate the fault.

Thanks

Debbie

mc2tt
Conversation Starter

The openreach engineers' tools only show them current errors on the line, not historical ones.

That's been a very big part of the issue with finding this sporadic and intermittent problem, as 'cos it hasn't happened while the engineers (2 so far) have been here, when they run their tests everything looks fine.

TT does have historical data, so anything you can provide would be very useful.

Community Team

Hi

On the openreach system is a tool labelled as Real Time Network Data.  This allows Openreach engineers to view network errors for any day.  BT refer to this as YUKON logs.

If any BT engineer tells you they cannot see this data, ask the to check the YUKON logs.  They are all fully aware of this and this is within their own system.

Thanks

Karl. 

mc2tt
Conversation Starter

Aha!  Many thanks Karl, I'll note that! 🙂

The last Openreach engineer did, in fact, tell me that he didn't have access to historical data, only TT did according to him, which is why I've asked here.

Mind you, the same engineer refused to even go and look in the green cabinet (hey, given the intermittent nature of the problem it could be that some critters might have taken up residency in it and were jiggling wires when they moved around!  But he didn't want to go and look even though it's only 30 seconds from my front door) and also, after saying it must be TT's kit at the exchange, said he wasn't allowed to touch that and so wasn't going to check anything out at the exchange either .... and actually the engineer before that didn't check out the green cabinet or exchange either.

Hoping to get someone more comprehensive this time....!