cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Intermittent connection and drop in speed

Highlighted
Team Player

I can confirm that the router is still plugged into the test socket via a microfilter.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi MissAyla,

I'm sorry for the delay. The line test has detected a possible line fault so I've passed this over to Openreach for an external line investigation to be completed. If you don't hear more by Wednesday then please let us know and we can re-check for an update on the fault for you.

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

The Openreach engineer attended my home on Tuesday and reset the line. He told me that this is an issue with TalkTalk's equipment, not theirs.

Also, I've heard from other Openreach engineers that they have seen TalkTalk customers with the same problem! This is a fault with TalkTalk's service and equipment, yet TalkTalk keep sending out Openreach engineers.

The router has lost internet connectivity three times today, and our upload speed is far below the guaranteed minimum.

I haven't had a stable internet connection for 3 months now. I have had three different Openreach engineers attend my property to fix the fault, and TalkTalk continue to jump back and forth between "We cannot detect a fault" to "We have now detected a possible fault."

This is completely unacceptable.

If TalkTalk cannot provide me with the service that they promised then I want to cancel my contract with TalkTalk without an early cancellation fee.

Highlighted
Team Player

I have experienced over 20 disconnects today.

I rang Customer Services and I believe I spoke with an agent located at one of your South Africa call centres. The lady advised me that the router required updating to the latest firmware, and it was not synchronised.

She updated it and synchronised the connection.

Since then I have had 2 more disconnects.

Highlighted

Hi MissAyla,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'm just taking another look now. I've re-run the line test which is now clear. Can I just confirm before I ask our Network Team to take a look, have you tested with 2 different makes and model of router?

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

I can confirm that we have tried two different makes and models of router.

I have even tried plugging in the old model to see if that made a difference, but I can't tell if it's made it any better.

I don't know whether it's worth sending out a new router or not.

Highlighted

Hi MissAyla,

I'm sorry for the delay. The line test is detecting a possible line fault again, however the connection look like it has started to stabilise. Are you happy for me to raise this back to Openreach for further investigation? Would you like to try a different router?

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

I am still receiving only a fraction of the contracted speeds that I am supposed to receive.

This morning's speeds are 14.6 Mbps download and 0.4 Mbps upload.

It seems to get worse on the weekends and in the evening.

The last Openreach engineer that visited us told us that it had nothing to do with Openreach, said it was a fault with TalkTalk's equipment and said that he shouldn't be at our home.

I feel that sending another Openreach engineer will not fix the problem. I have been told as much by them.

Highlighted

Hi MissAyla,

I've asked our Network Team to take a look and I'll let you know as soon as I know more.

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Can I please get an update on my service?

Also, can you get someone to ring me regarding my refund?

I think it's about time I get my money back for the several months that I have paid for below guaranteed speeds, and about time I switch to a different provider. I think TalkTalk have had an ample amount of time and multiple opportunities to fix this issue.