Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent disconnection

Teddylavie
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 10

Hello, 

so I saw a post here from someone with the exact same issue but I was told to write an own post: my internet/wifi keeps disappearing a couple time an hour. It starts reconnect almost instantly but can take up to 2 hours. It keeps breaking up anything I do. Is there something that can be done? 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Teddylavie

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Is the replacement router, cable and filter connected at the test socket?

The next step will be to arrange an engineer visit. Would you like me to arrange this visit?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

The new router arrived but it is not connecting. It keeps flickering orange/white but a lot faster than the other would flicker when it would be trying to connect. I tried looking online but could not see anywhere something to help me. Also before I switched them my other router would not reconnect at all either. It kept going orange/white and then back to blinking orange. Currently I have no router that is working at all 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi Teddylavie

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

If there would be chance that this would resolve my issues I would much appreciate it 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi Teddylavie

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

@Michelle-TalkTalk 

I do not actually have a telephone set connected since I only got this for the broadband. I have never used my talk talk number 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 10

Hello,

Thank you. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see re-connections on the line. Is the voice service ok with no noise on the line? Does the main socket have a test socket? Do you also have an alternative router that you could test with to rule this out?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

@Michelle-TalkTalk 

i have updated it

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hi Teddylavie,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

0 Likes