Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent drop outs - poor support yet again.

JamesWood
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

A couple of months ago I had problems with intermittent drop outs, whereby the network lost all external network for 5/10 minutes. Last time this happened it took me 2 days of back and forth with various levels of completely unhelpful customer service staff who told me repeatedly it must be a problem on my end as the line check was fine, until I finally got through to somebody who listened and was able to identify a problem and send an engineer out to the cabinet.

I am having the same problem again, and again, the customer support has been completely unhelpful. I work from home, and the network dropping every 20 minutes is completely unacceptable. These things happen but the level of support has been close to zero, an online agent last night tried to charge me £40 for an engineer callout. The most frustrating thing is the fact that this has happened before.

This is now the second day of intermittent failure, and I'm no closer to getting the issue resolved.

James Woodcock
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Thanks for that. Line test is passing but I can see that your connection has been unstable. Is your router currently connected to your Test Socket if you have one? 

Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

JamesWood
First Timer
Message 2 of 7

Again spent an hour on the phone only to be hung up on hold whilst the support agent seemed to be doing something that hasn't helped. Still experiencing intermitted drops in the line, and when it is active, the line is much slower than normal.

Honestly do not know what else to do, is there a escalated support level where the agents don't just read of the same script? Genuinely thinking of leaving talktalk, this is the second time I've had this issue and the customer support is amongst the worst of any company i've ever experienced.

James Woodcock
0 Likes

JamesWood
First Timer
Message 3 of 7

HI, This is done, thanks.

James Woodcock
0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Sorry but if you still need assistance from the Community Team could you please add your TalkTalk landline telephone number to your Community profile so that we can locate you on our systems

Chris

0 Likes

JamesWood
First Timer
Message 5 of 7

Hi, this is done.

Currently on the phone to "technical" support who are reading the exact same script as yesterday. 

James Woodcock
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 7

Hi JamesWood,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes