Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent internet but modem shows connected always

nd1984
Chatterbox
Message 11 of 11

I have ADSL with this device: 

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub
Version v1.05t

Device Type: DG8041W

Every 10-15 minutes my internet will stop working. I won't be able to load websites on a laptop or have internet on the phone. But ping www.google.com works fine during this time. The modem itself says "connected" and shows no issues. I have tried restarting it many times still same thing. 

This happens if i'm on wifi and with ethernet cable so it's not wifi. What would cause ping to work but no actual internet? 

Some stats of my line: 
Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB): 10.0
Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB): 6.1
Line standard: ADSL2+_ANNEX_A
Upstream line attenuation (dB): 26.1
Downstream line attenuation (dB): 36.9
Upstream output power (dBm): 12.5
Downstream output power (dBm): 21.8
DSL up time: 7 days 17 hours 3 minutes 4 seconds

Shows it has been up for 7 days but the internet has been cutting out for a few minutes continuously this week ( i went through all the trouble shooting steps last weekend). 

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hello,

Ok thanks for the update and please let us know if you need any assistance 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

It's been ok since this morning actually. OK I will monitor it for the next few days and see if it is stable. Thanks!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Morning,

I can see that DLM has changed the profile again as the connection looks stable/error seconds are low to increase the sync speed. How is the speed and performance of the connection at the moment?

Thanks

0 Likes

nd1984
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 11

Hi support! Today i had an outage again for a few minutes (at 8:15am). When I login to the router I can see the details below. It looks like it reconnected at 3.30am and now the SNR is much lower? Is there a reason it reconnects with a different setting? Or is this maybe a firmware issue on the router?  i'm on Version v1.05t 

DSL synchronization status:Up
Connection status:Showtime
Upstream line rate (kbit/s):1019
Downstream line rate (kbit/s):8586
Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s):1144
Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s):9964
Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB):10.1
Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB):4.4
Line standard:ADSL2+_ANNEX_A
Upstream line attenuation (dB):22.2
Downstream line attenuation (dB):36.8
Upstream output power (dBm):12.7
Downstream output power (dBm):21.5
DSL up time:

0 day 4 hours 51 minutes 13 seconds

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi

The profile can only be optimised to select the best balance between speed and stability. We cannot manually select a speed, so this will be the best the line can achieve.

See how the stability hold up over the next day or two.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

nd1984
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 11

So far so good! I haven't had a connection drop all day. I do see the line is conected with this speed: 

Download: 8.00 Mbps

Upload: 1.00 Mbps

Is there any chance to increase the download speed or is this the best I can get for Fast Broadband package? (i don't have fibre in my area). 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 11

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see that at times the SNR is dropping low which can affect the stability, speed and the performance of the connection so I've optimised the connection now and the SNR has increased. Please let us know how the connection now compares over the next 24hrs.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Ok thank you! I've added the info to my profile. 

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 9 of 11

Hi @nd1984,

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes

nd1984
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 11

Forgot to say when it stops working, If I wait 3 minutes the internet just starts working again. I thought it was disconecting and reconnecting but the modem says it's been connected the whole time. 

0 Likes