Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent internet connection

Stevegibbs1973
First Timer
Message 15 of 15

Anybody else experiencing internet issues in Birchington Kent area. Internet went down Saturday evening around 11pm, cam back on briefly at 11:30pm then went off again. As of this Sunday morning the connection is intermittent at best. 

And why do Talk Talk insist there is not an issue when there clearly is. Ran their test which said there was not an issue (laughable considering you need an internet connection to get on the website to run the test, if the test runs then there won’t be an issue). I ran a speed test and getting a pitaful 1.40 download and 3.90 upload speeds, if anything at all. 

I tried resetting router etc with no joy and took me about half an hour to sent this post. So curious as there apparently is not an issue according to talk talk and I’ve seen reports that people have had issues in Margate that if anyone is actually having issues.

Thanks.  

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 15

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• TalkTalk Telephone number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Stevegibbs1973
First Timer
Message 2 of 15

Profile updated but don’t have an alternative number. 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 15

Hi Steve,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

There's been service issues since last Monday while maintenance has been going on all week, they've messed something up and tanked all of our download speeds coming from the router.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Although the more I’m getting replies and able to post a lot quicker now, my internet is actually showing signs of getting back to normal. I couldn’t have done this a couple of hours ago. 

0 Likes

Stevegibbs1973
First Timer
Message 6 of 15

I would love to if it wasn’t for the fact I might get cut off half way through a conversation lol. I live right by the coast so 3G 4G LTE is pretty much out of the question which is why I’m so reliant on a good internet connection. Thanks anyway. 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 7 of 15

I totally understand your frustration, but as I said at the outset there could be a variety of reasons why you are having issues. Honestly, if you are still having problems tomorrow, the support team here will start to help as soon as they pick this up. Please complete those details!! 🙂

0 Likes

Stevegibbs1973
First Timer
Message 8 of 15

Okay that’s fine as I wasn’t looking for answers from the support team but actual “punters” who live in the area who may be experiencing the same problems and will speak to the support team directly in person and not on a forum. Anyway I appreciate the help and advice offered and don’t wish to seem ungrateful, just frustrated is all. 

Message 9 of 15

You can use Live chat in the meantime if you prefer:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-live-chat-team/ta-p/2230529

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 10 of 15

OK, but you won't get any answers from the support team here until you complete your community profile so that that they can identify your account. 

0 Likes

Stevegibbs1973
First Timer
Message 11 of 15

Yeah, never said service outage, I said service issues (hence why I'm just about able to post this). Anyway the comment "Yeah, that's not a TalkTalk outage, that is just punters posting on a message board. " well of course it is. It's "punters" saying the have issues too, and funny how the most recent posts coincide with what I'm experiencing. 

Anyway as for waiting u too Monday to talk to support staff, no wonder my service is patchy if talk talk only run a Monday to Friday firm. What happens to 7 day a week support for a internet  24/7 service?

Anyway I am not new at this so from my experience in pretty sure it's an exchange issue of something related. So back to the point as the question I actually asked was it anyone else in my area is having the same service "issues" as I have done everything I know of my end and no new devices added, router not moved etc and can't really blame the weather. Think I'll have to go back with BT as the only reason I'm with talk talk (lol talk, I wish I could online at the moment) is because I moved house and the service was already here. Anyway I digress and await answers to my original question. 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 12 of 15

Yeah, that's not a TalkTalk outage, that is just punters posting on a message board.

Update your details as I mentioned earlier and the support team here can look into this when they are back online tomorrow. 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 15

DB845E25-C4FE-4733-A07A-D56082BF1DD1.jpeg

Thanks for the response. I don’t use the phone just internet. Subject to the belief that there is not a network issue that was posted by someone and the line checkin performed, according to “is the service down.co.U.K.” there does seem to be service issues nearby as per the photo I got from my tablet when it managed to connect. 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 14 of 15

Sorry to see this, but there could be various reasons why you are having issues

Is there any problem with your voice service at all, such as noise on the line? Have you followed the path through diagnostics in the Service Centre? Subject to that, if you would like the support team here to look into this for you it will help if you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

0 Likes