Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent internet dropouts and poor download speed

roddy5
Whizz Kid
Message 27 of 27

Hi, after and afternoon of intermittent losses of connectivity I thought I would try rebooting my router! Turned if off for 30mins and now have a download speed of 15Mbps rather than the normal 35Mbps!

Anyone got any ideas?

Rgds roddy

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

Message 1 of 27

Morning,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 27

Hi,

Have monitored my speeds over the last few days and router typically says 40Mbps and at my devices I'm getting anywhere between 25 and 35Mbps.,which is the normal range.

Haven't noticed any intermittemt drops in service, speeds seem consitent other than when it was pouring down with rain!

Thanks for your help

rgds

roddy

0 Likes

Message 3 of 27

Hi Roddy

Thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Yes please can you return the old router and cables using the pre paid returns bag.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 27

Hi,

Quick update, installed new router at 08.00hrs this morning and d/load speed to router back up to 40Mbps, line seems a lot quieter with no mini drop outs since then (famous last words)! So all seems to be OK.

Will check system over weekend and confirm on Monday.

Question, do I just return the old router or that and cables as well?

Rgds

roddy

Message 5 of 27
0 Likes

Message 6 of 27

will do

Message 7 of 27

Hi Roddy

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 27

Hi,

OK lets give it a try

rgds

0 Likes

Message 9 of 27

Hi Roddy

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing first to see if the connection remains stable with a different router?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 27

Hi,

Not sure what you mean by 'with a different router', I'm using my TT supplied router as normal.

But whatever, I think a BT engineer is needed to resolve the issue

rgds roddy

0 Likes

Message 11 of 27

Hi Roddy

If the connection is dropping with a different router at the test socket then we can arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

Would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 27

Hi,

Rebooted router yesterday (Tuesday approx 08.00 hrs) morning.

Had numerous drops yesterday of very short duration, maybe a couple of seconds - caused TV to buffer but TV continued after a few seconds buffering.

Attach a s/shot of my ping plotter showing noise and intermitent loss (red lines) this morning.

Rgds

roddy

0 Likes

Message 13 of 27

Hi Roddy

Thanks for your reply.

I've checked the connection stats and the line is in sync at 16.9mb. There are still re connections on the line and this will affect the sync speed.

Is the connection still dropping or has the router been rebooted?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 27

Hi 

Earlier than planned but just checked my speeds, at the router, and get d/load 16.9Mbps and upload 10.0Mbps! 

Rgds roddy

0 Likes

Message 15 of 27
0 Likes

Message 16 of 27

Ok will do, I will get back to you midday’ish tomorrow with my speed test results.

rgds roddy

0 Likes

Message 17 of 27

Hello,

Thank you. I've re-checked the connection stats now and the sync speed hasn't increased as yet. Would it be possible to keep the router at the test socket for at least 24hrs so we can see if the stability improves? If the stability improves at the test socket then the sync speed should also increase again.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 18 of 27

Hi,

All done

Rgds

0 Likes

Message 19 of 27

txs

0 Likes

Message 20 of 27

Hi,

I have PingPlotter on my PC and have been running it this morning, think it agrees with your 'very unstable' comment, see below

Rgds 

roddy

0 Likes