Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent slow broadband

Omtropy
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

A few months ago we renewed our contract with Talktalk and upgraded to Faster Fibre with a Huawei-DG8041W.  As we run our business online running Yoga and Pilates classes on Zoom we need the best speed we can get.  The router software is kept up to date.

When the service is running well we get over 40 mbps.

However, intermittently it will drop to single figures (checked using an ethernet connected device) and this is critical as the screen freezes.

I rang Talktalk when the speed was low.  They did a speed check, could find no problem and sent a link for fault finding at our end.  This merely covered replacing the microfilter, which I've done but we still get the problem.

Switching the router off, waiting and then switching it back on seems to clear the problem. But this is not an acceptable solution as it can disrupt a class and thus lead to a poorer service to our customers.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 5

Hi Omtropy,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

I am no expert on this, but it sounds like you may be breaking the terms & conditions of your residential broadband & should convert your line to a business one.

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday), but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk have responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 3 of 5

We are residential, but because of Covid have had to move our business on line and run it from home

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Sorry but this forum is only for residential customers only, for all business support, please visit:-

https://supportcentre.talktalkbusiness.co.uk/home

Thank you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes