Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Drop Outs

DavidHaughton
Team Player
Message 9 of 9

Hi,

Last few days we've been getting intermittent drop outs on our router Huawei HG635. Was working absolutely fine then about 3 days ago dropping out with no real regularity. Internet light goes red. Sometimes gone for a few minutes or more then comes back to green again. I've checked the connections up to our BT box and all looks ok.

I tried the service status check but it comes back with a blank page.

Any help with this would be great.

Thanks.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi,

I'm glad to hear this and please let us know if you need any assistance 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk @KeithFrench 

Just to say thanks guys for the help. The connection seems to have stabilised now so I can only assume the DLM update made a difference and now I'm not seeing any dropouts.

Will continue to monitor but all looks good for now.

Thanks for your support.

Cheers

D

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi,

Ok thanks. If the connection is still intermittently dropping then it would be worth testing the router at the test socket for 24hrs to see how the stability compares.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Thanks Michelle,

I'll keep an eye on it, although this morning I noticed it router was showing a red light again for a few minutes. I'm at work today but I'll try and get updates from my wife when she's in.

Is it worth plugging the router into the test socket on the openreach box?

Thanks

D

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 9

Hi David,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. I can see that DLM has made a change to the profile this morning. Please can you monitor the connection and let us know if there is any improvement in stability following this?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Yes please, as I said I have asked them to deal with it. Hopefully, it will be later today or tomorrow, depending on their workload.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 7 of 9

Thanks Keith,

That's interesting to know. Shall I wait until an OCE contacts me then?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

When the internet light is red on the router, (or the status light is amber on the new TalkTalk Wi-Fi hub) the connection to the exchange equipment (or fibre cabinet if fibre) is normally OK, but there is a virtual path that needs to exist from this equipment to the internet. It is this virtual path that is down. This can be caused generally by:-

1. Authentication issues
  2. Network issues
  3. IP filter issues
  4. An unusual line fault that does not affect basic connection.
  5. Router configuration issue or faulty router

The best way to resolve this is for me to pass this to one of TalkTalk's OCEs to investigate the condition for you now.

The forum is not real time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use on-line chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

Please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes