Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Internet Speed

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Michelle,

Original router: D-Link Model: DSL-3782, Super Router, Hardware version A1

About the return bags, no have not receive any.

Thank you

Elisa

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

I'll get a returns bag out to you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Team Player

Thank you Karl.

Would it be possible to do something to improve the upload speeds? Currently around 0.3-0.4 mbps.

Regards,

Elisa

Highlighted

Hi Elisa,

Your current upload sync speed is 1mb which is the maximum for an ADSL connection. What upload speeds are you receiving at the moment?

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Michelle,

Currently I'm receiving upload speeds that vary between 0.1-0.5 mbps.

Thank you 

Elisa

Highlighted

Hi Elisa,

I've made another change now. Could you run another speed test please?

Thanks

Highlighted

Morning Elisa,

Have you noticed any improvement in upload speed since my last post?

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Michelle,

Good Morning

Please can you revert the changes made?

Currently I'm back at the beginning. Internet is constantly disconnecting and I can't get anything done.

I've already restarted the router and the laptop a couple of times and nothing seems to be working.

What are the next steps to get this sorted?

Thank you

Elisa

Highlighted

Hi Elisa,

The connection is currently in and optimisation phase, DLM is monitoring your connection and making adjustments. How has it been since your last post?

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Chris,

Not sure if related with this optimization, but I've received information that suspicious activity was happening in the line and the internet was completely disconnected.

I've called TT Customer Service and everything is now pending and an engineer is booked to come and see what's going on this Friday.

Elisa

Highlighted

Hi Elisa,

Ok thanks for the update and please let us know how you get on following the engineer visit.

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Michelle,

Just to confirm that I've receive the return bag, will try to post the router back this week. The engineer that came to visit advised to return to the use of the talk talk Hub router as there was nothing wrong with it, so I'll keep 1 of them.

About the visit, problems were identified, can't explain exactly what, only know that the speed is coming into the router but is losing several MB when it reaches the laptop. 

Right after I've reached out to TT CS they mentioned tests would be done and would take up to 14 days to stabilize the line. As I can't continue like this, I've queried the TT assistant about fibre plans. She sent some information and when I've queried on it, was advised to check the website for fibre deals detail. After everything that is going on was expecting some more care and attention.

I've checked the website and made the transfer to fibre, and was informed on Friday this would take up to 10 days for the change to happen,  and today received an email saying the move will only happen on the 12th June. 

Again not impressed with the customer service provided.

Regards Elisa

Highlighted

Hi Elisa,

Thanks for the update. Was this a TalkTalk or Openreach engineer? Did they advise what the next steps would be? Did they advise that it was related to the device? In regards to returning the router, there is no rush. Please only return this when it's safe to do so.

Does the fibre date show in your MyAccount?

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Michelle,

Good Morning 

Was this a TalkTalk or Openreach engineer?

It was an Openreach engineer

Did they advise what the next steps would be?

The engineer would contact TT so the line could be optimized. When I've contacted the CS on Friday was informed this could take up to 14 days, so I've decided to change to fibre as I need proper working internet to be able to work

Did they advise that it was related to the device? Sorry, not sure

In regards to returning the router, there is no rush. Please only return this when it's safe to do so. 

Noted, thank you. 

Does the fibre date show in your MyAccount?

Yes , is showing as estimated live date: 12/06/2020 and this was also confirmed by txt message. However email received on Friday, confirming the new service mentioned change would be done in 10 days.

Thanks Elisa

Highlighted

Hi Elisa,

I'm sorry about the fibre order delay, unfortunately due to the current situation go live dates do sometime need to be altered by Openreach. Your current sync speed is 21Mbps and connection looks stable, how has it been since your last post

Chris