Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Internet connect

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
First Timer

Maybe someone will help me, from the beginning I have a problem with the Internet at least three times a day, I disconnect, I wrote to chat, nobody helped me, I did all these configurations, turning off the router for 20 minutes, I did millions of times and nothing !!! But there is one thing that I am writing to you in the chat and what The magic of the internet does not last long, but it is, and in the diagnostics that are carried out via the Internet, I have information that the problem is at my home, and this is clearly the problem on your side, because I am writing chat with you someone enters my account and the Internet is ... Will someone help me because it's impossible to live like this !! I don't have the strength anymore !!!

Joanna Soltys
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Joannasolty  ,

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to do a test on your phone line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault on your line causing the disconnections. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

The TalkTalk staff on this forum will also be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow to offer you some assistance.

Highlighted
First Timer

I'm also having issues spoke with someone on the phone this afternoon then said they changed the broadband channels ... Sounds like a classic line to me.... And now I have no internet connection at all just a red light on the router, no matter how many times I reset it.... Rubbish service as support closes at 7pm ..... And what good is tomorrow??? Will probably look to move away from talk talk now 😢

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Shayden Norris ,

If you do want some help with the issue you are having from the staff on this community then you will need to start your own topic, as the staff will only deal with one customer per topic.

Also you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in your new topic, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to your post tomorrow.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Joannasolty

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which has detected a possible issue so I have escalated this over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer.

We should receive further updates within the next 48hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
First Timer

And nothing has changed, the internet is disconnecting forever, there were two engineers, a new router was sent, which does not connect to the internet at all, and when it connects, the router flashes amber, I write to the website, they do a test and internet is coming back! Magic! but if I'm not working, I don't have the internet, the cables are replaced, a new box, someone had a contact with the managers on this matter, but still silence! I honestly don't have the strength anymore! Internet wages and nothing!

Joanna Soltys
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Joanna,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've re-run the line test now which is now clear, however I can see re-connections on the line. If all testing has been completed at the test socket with different routers then we can arrange an engineer visit to the property. Would you like us to arrange this for you?

Thanks