cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

Internet cuts out when playing Fifa 18 on Xbox one

17 REPLIES
Highlighted
rchowns1
Team Player

My internet connection drops out any time I attempt to play Fifa 18 online on my Xbox one. Please help as I currently can’t do any online gaming. 

Community Team

Hi rchowns1,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see re-connections on the line.

I've updated the firmware, could you let us know how the stability compares following this. Is the voice service ok? Are you experiencing any noise on the line?

Does your master socket also have a test socket?

Thanks

rchowns1
Team Player

Hi Michelle

thank you for doing this. I will test it again tonight and let you know. I don’t experience any noise or anything like that on the line. Yes the master socket does have a test socket too.

darylt
Team Player
Is it just Fifa 18 that you experience issues with connections?
rchowns1
Team Player

Fifa 18 is the only game I play online so I have nothing to test it against but it happens every ultimate team match and cuts out giving me a loss

darylt
Team Player

Could be an issues with the EA servers being overwhelmed if its launch week [I'm not into football games so don't know when it was released].

Or you may need to set up port forwarding.

Check out the FIFA/EA forums also to see if other players are having the same problem as you at the same point in the game.

rchowns1
Team Player

Hi Michelle

i tried playing again tonight and the same happened again. I am getting multiple evening connection drop outs when I attempt to play games online through my Xbox. Please help.

Community Team

Hi rchowns1,

I'm sorry to hear this. Does the connection only drop when using the xbox or is the connection also unstable on different devices? Would it be possible to connect the router at the test socket for 24-48hrs to see how the stability of the connection compares?

Thanks

rchowns1
Team Player

Hi Michelle, 

The line test should show that the connection is unstable and regularly disconnects. It is much worse at night and when attempting to access online gaming. I will try the test socket but have previously done this without success.

Community Team

Hi rchowns1,

Thanks for confirming this. If the connection is still unstable when the router is connected to the test socket then we'll need to test with an alternative router.

Is the voice service also ok? Are you experiencing any noise on the line?

Thanks

rchowns1
Team Player

Hi Michelle

Unfotunately the connection is still extremely unstable even in the test socket, meaning that I cannot access online gaming and other features on a daily basis. I have had a new router sent before which made it worse and have had an openreach engineer out who said everything should work ok now. I hope I will receive compensation as I cannot access the services promised?

thank you

Community Team

Hi rchowns1

Do you still have the alternative router? (what was the make and model of this router)

Thanks

Debbie

rchowns1
Team Player

I have sent the old router back but am unsure of the model of it but it made things much worse. The amount of dropouts of our connection is crazy and we can’t use the products we are paying for. It really is not acceptable and we have had a bt openreach engineer out too already. 

Community Team

Hi rchowns1,

I can see from the line history that your connection is very unstable. We'll can pass this over to our network team but it will probably need another engineers visit so can you please confirm the following

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

To confirm you're the account holder can you PM (Personal Message) me with the following information: 

• Full Name
  • Home telephone number
  • Are you the account holder
  • How do we send the bills to you each month
  • What package do you have with TalkTalk

Note: Please do not post personal information directly in the Forums.

Thanks

Chris

rchowns1
Team Player

Hi Chris

Thank you for the offer but another engineer visit is not feasible. My home circumstances with a newborn will not make this a good plan. We have already had a visit too which concluded there was nothing wrong with our line so it should be fixable your end. We are very close to changing provider as the solutions offered are always the same and never solve the problem. We have not had one day without cut outs since sign up which really is a disgrace and I expect significant compensation. Our mobile phone bills have gone up massively due to relying on 3G all the time too.

Community Team

Hi rchowns1

Apologies for this.

If an engineer visit is required then we will be unable to progress this fault without arranging this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

rchowns1
Team Player

Hi

Unfortunately I have already had an engineers visit and nothing has changed. In the three months we have paid for your service we have not had one day with at least ten internet cut outs. This has affected our work and mobile phone bills have increased. I will be phoning tomorrow to cancel all services. I also expect compensation for not being able to use the majority of the service for this month and will not be paying cancellation as I have never been able to access the package promised. Please send me the number to call.

Community Team

Hi rchowns1,

I'm really sorry but I don't think there's anything that we can do remotely to resolve this issue, it would require an engineers visit 

If you're thinking of leaving please see this help article please also see our Compensation Policy and our Complaint Process

if you do decide that you'd like to go ahead with the engineer visit please let us know

Chris