Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet down after mast replacement

Iggypig
First Timer
Message 24 of 24

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me, on Friday our telephone mast was replaced, I think by Openreach, and since then, we cannot connect to the internet.

We have tried contacting Talktalk several times to explain the situation but don't seem to be getting anywhere, they tell us that all connections seem to be ok at there end, and have sent us a new router, but still no internet.

I'm sure that the problem must lie somewhere between the mast and the connection into our home, can anyone help as I'm pulling my hair out here.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 1 of 24

Hi

Glad our team were able to help.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Iggypig
First Timer
Message 2 of 24

Hi Debbie,

The engineer has been, looks like Openreach wired us up wrong in the 'big green box', we're back up and running now.

Thank you for all your help.

Message 3 of 24
0 Likes

Iggypig
First Timer
Message 4 of 24

Thanks Debbie,

I will let you know how I get on.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 24

Hi Iggypig

Thanks for confirming your details.

I've arranged the engineer visit for 13/07 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 24

Hi Iggypig

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Iggypig
First Timer
Message 7 of 24

Yes please, as stated previously, all these problems started when Openreach replaced the pole (and I believe, cables) so I think that's where the problem must be 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 24

Hello,

Thanks for trying this and I'm sorry to hear that you still can't connect. If all testing has been completed at the test socket with 2 different routers, microfilters and cables then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to the property. Would you like to go ahead with this and we can confirm some details with you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Iggypig
First Timer
Message 9 of 24

Hi,

I have powered down the router for 30 mins and switched back on, and still no internet.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 24

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. The line test is clear so I've completed a radius re-sync. Please can you now try powering down the router for a full 30 minutes and then try and connect again.

Thanks

0 Likes

Iggypig
First Timer
Message 11 of 24

I have now done this.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 12 of 24

This probably matters a lot, @Iggypig.

Please go via your avatar/name and settings; from the drop down menu that starts with "email" choose personal information. At the end of that section,  in Private Notes clearly indicate the phone number that you see in My Account and the phone number in your welcome email. Indicate in there which one matches what you hear when you dial 17070.

Save changes. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Iggypig
First Timer
Message 13 of 24

Well, it's difficult to know.

When my account was changed to fibre broadband, my number was changed (without actually being told that this was going to happen).

The number that is listed on my account page, is different to one I have on my welcome email, but otherwise, yes the new number is what is listed when I dial 17070.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 14 of 24

@Iggypig Did you try dialling 17070 from a landline phone, to ensure that it reads back the correct phone number ?. If Openreach have messed up and got the lines mixed up then that could cause issues like this.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 15 of 24

I'll re-escalate this thread for you. 

If the problem has not been resolved after a month, you should be able to leave without early termination fees etc. You need to get that agreed on record. 

Did you ever plug in a landline phone to check your number by dialling 17070, @Iggypig? Staff needed a reply to that question. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Iggypig
First Timer
Message 16 of 24

Ok, so it's a month later and I still have no internet.

I have had my account upgraded to fibre broadband and been sent a new router, yet still have no internet!!!

I don't understand why I can't just book an engineer, as the problem is obviously something to do with the telegraph pole that openreach changed, that's when all my problems started.

To have been paying a month for a service I'm not getting, and to be constantly told that 'we need to do a line test and get back to you in a few days' is insulting, and quite frankly disgusting.

I think my only option now is to leave Talktalk .

0 Likes

Message 17 of 24

Morning,

If you have a phone connected then please can you try dialling 17070 to see if this reads back your correct number as this will rule out or confirm a crossed line fault. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 18 of 24

Hi @Iggypig,

Do you have a phone you can plug into the landline, if so can you dial 17070 and ensure that it reads back the correct phone number for your line.

Iggypig
First Timer
Message 19 of 24

Hi Debbie,

Yes, still no internet, this is what TalkTalk keep doing, running tests and saying everything is ok at their end, but I still have no internet.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 24

Hi Iggypig

Your line is showing in sync and connected. Are you still unable to connect at the moment?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes