Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
ShowΒ Β onlyΒ  | Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Internet down, light red...5 hours with text support to be told no problem😲

Eastas
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Internet has been dropping out increasingly lately.  Now not connecting at all, red light nearly all day for two days.

I have an old router dsl 2780 which has always been fine.

Just spent 5 hours texting help desk for them to say it is a problem with the web page I'm trying to access!!!!!! Seriously, I have no connection on laptop, tablet or phone, all using different web browsers and that is their answer.

I have, reset router numerous times, forgotten the link to device and reinput with password....what else can I do?

I think it is the router but they wont send a new one as they say nothing is wrong despite the red light and no internet......land line is fine I can make and receive calls just fine.

Thanks

Sue

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi Sue

I'm sorry to hear this.

I can send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi Sue,

When the internet light is red on the router, (or the status light is amber on the new TalkTalk Wi-Fi hub) the connection to the exchange equipment (or fibre cabinet if fibre) is normally OK, but there is a virtual path that needs to exist from this equipment to the internet. It is this virtual path that is down. This can be caused generally by:-

1. Authentication issues
  2. Network issues
  3. IP filter issues
  4. An unusual line fault that does not affect basic connection.
  5. Router configuration issue or faulty router

The best way to resolve this is for me to pass this to one of TalkTalk's OCEs to investigate the condition for you now. However, I am sure in your case the first thing they will do is replace your old router with something much more up to date.

The forum is not real time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use on-line chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

Please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes