Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Internet drop out

52 REPLIES 52
Highlighted
Chat Champion

Hi,

The last time I had this issue was early 2018 and was remotely fixed by your OCE. My internet has been randomly dropping out accompanied by a red light on the router. Sometimes it will come back up on it's own, but at other times I have had to reboot the router. I have carried out a speed check and Service Status Check and the result that came back was 8.8Mb download and 0.8Mb upload. This is compared to 12Mb download last year. The Service Status came back Our health check on your service shows that your speed to your router could be improved.

Is this an issue that can be resolved again remotely?

Kind regards,

TonyJ

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi tonyj,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Is the voice service ok with no noise on the line? Does your master socket have a test socket? How often are you rebooting the router at the moment?

Thanks

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for your rapid response.

The voice service is OK with no line noise.

My master socket does not have a test socket.

Rebooting a couple of times per week. In fact it dropped out a little while ago, but that might have been you testing so I left it and it came back within 5 minutes or so.

Kind regards,

TonyJ

Highlighted

Hi

I've reset the port and profile.  See if this is stable over the course of this evening.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Thank you Karl, will do. (presumably the 2 drop outs within the last 15 or so minutes are a result of your resetting?)

Regards,

TonyJ

Highlighted

Hi

Yes, the 2 drops were me resetting things this side.  See how things are with these changed 🙂

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Chat Champion
Thanks will do.
Highlighted

Hi tonyj,

How have you found the stability since your last post? 🙂

Thanks

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Good morning Michelle,

I have not used the internet much since then, all ok at the present but I will monitor through the course of today and keep you posted.

Regards,

TonyJ

Highlighted
Highlighted
Chat Champion

Hi Michelle,

Stability has been good for the last 24 hours. I ran a speed check and notice that the speed is lower than before (6.3Mb download & 0.8Mb upload)

A service check also came back with the following :-

Our health check on your service shows that your speed to your router could be improved.

Kind regards,

TonyJ.

Hi tonyj,

Thanks for the update. I've checked and I can see that DLM has increased the speed this morning. Could you retest and let us know how the speed compares now.

Thanks

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Hi Michelle,

I have carried out a speed test, and as you say, it has increased to 9.6Mb download & 0.9Mb upload. Stability still appears to be ok, but strangely, when I run a health check, the result still comes back as poor stability and lower than expected speed?

Kind regards,

TonyJ

Highlighted

Hi tonyj,

Your connection appears to have been stable since the profile change, could you monitor your connection over the weekend and let us know how it's been on Monday

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Hi Chris,

Yes of course, no problem.

Regards,

TonyJ

Highlighted

OK thanks, look forward to hearing how you get on, have a good weekend 🙂

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Hi Chris,

As requested :-

stability over the weekend seemed to be fine with no drop outs.

Speed test today is the same as last week (9.6 & 0.9)

Still odd, the service status test still comes back with yellow warning triangles for stability and speed?

Kind regards,

TonyJ

Highlighted

Hi tonyj

Thanks for your reply.

Your line is showing in sync for just over 3 days at 11.4mb. We can try a line optimisation again to see if the speed increases any further. Would you like to test this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Hi Debbie,

Not sure if my reply from my phone came through, but in case it didn't, yes please I am happy to try a line optimisation.

Kind regards,

TonyJ

Highlighted

Hi TonyJ

Thanks for your reply.

Your line is now showing in sync for just over 4 days and 13 hours.

I have optimised the connection and DLM will be monitoring the connection and hopefully making further changes over the next 24hrs.

Please can you post back on this thread tomorrow and we can check the connection stats again.

Thanks

Debbie