Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet dropping for a minute every few days

adrian555155
Team Player
Message 27 of 27

Hello, I am writing here as I cannot get into a live chat conversation.

Basically, for the past 1 to 2 months, my internet has been dropping completely for a minute, and coming back on again, this happens every 2-3 days. I thought to just wait it out, thinking it was going to fix itself, and I was put on an interleaved profile it still proceeded to happen, recently I was put on an even more stable profile, with a much higher ping/latency, lower download and upload speed, but it still seems to disconnect me every few days.

Note that the internet works completely fine, there are no spikes what so ever, download speeds etc are acceptable, which makes it even more weird that the internet just drops, and its always for a minute until it comes back up.

I have tried resetting the router for full 30 minutes, as well as hard resetting the router to factory settings, with no avail, I do believe the issue is coming from either the TalkTalk line or this router, but I am no expert and help is appreciated.

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

Message 1 of 27

Hi adrian555155

Thanks for your reply.

In answer to your questions,

1 - Yes it will be fine to return without the box, you can put the equipment straight into the bag.

2 - Please can you return the cables (if you still have them)

3 - If you would prefer to keep the cable you are using then this will be fine.

Thanks

Debbie

adrian555155
Team Player
Message 2 of 27

Hello,

Quick update: Its looking very good, day after plugging in the router I was put on the lesser interleaved profile, and just an hour ago from now it got even better! I was put on the fast path profile, lower latency, faster download and upload speeds, I've been with TalkTalk for a while and have never witnessed the DLM deciding this fast to swap profiles, it usually took months. No actual disconnects apart from when my profile was being changed twice. Its looking good so far!

I do have an enquiry however, on Saturday I received the letter to return old TalkTalk equipment, could you advise me on these few questions:

1. I don't have the box for the old router, is it okay to send the router without the box?

2. Do you need all the cables that came with the router?

3. I swapped out the power cable to the one that came with wifi hub black so I can send the old one, I'm still using the same ethernet cable that I used before, it was one I've bought from PC world, and finally I have not swapped out the cable that goes from the router to the master socket, as that cable goes through the ceiling to the router which is located up-stairs, it would be a big pain to swap it out with the new one, but if you really need that cable I can send in the new one that came with the wifi hub?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes

Message 3 of 27

Glad to hear you've received it, yes please continue to use the test socket if it's not too inconvenient. 

Have a great weekend

Chris

adrian555155
Team Player
Message 4 of 27

Wow what a coincidence, it actually arrived just now as I read your response, thats a very fast delivery impressive. I will plug it in right now. Should I continue using the test socket for the following 1 - 2 weeks? Thanks in advance for the response and have a nice weekend!

Message 5 of 27

Hi adrian555155,

It's showing as dispatched on our systems so it should be with you soon

Chris

adrian555155
Team Player
Message 6 of 27

Hello, I have checked my TalkTalk account yesterday and could see the WifiHub black is pending, I was trying to see what the status is today, and I dont see it anymore. Is it still on its way or was it cancelled?

Sorry for bumping the thread just for this question

0 Likes

Message 7 of 27

I've ordered the wifi hub black

Chris

Message 8 of 27

Thank you, sorry to ask another question, but are you sending another regular router? Or is the the black wifi hub, as I've read online that a house hold can get the black version of wifi hub with the fibre 65 package but my house hold never got one. Im fine with either as long as they dont disconnect, but I would prefer the wifi hub black for better wifi connection obviously. Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 27

I've ordered a router to test with, it should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery 

Chris

0 Likes

adrian555155
Team Player
Message 10 of 27

As its already disconnected once already with the test socket, I highly believe it will happens again. I do suspect it could be the router dropping connection, as we have had it for a very long time and it could be aging, would it be possible to have a router sent out, if so, could I have the Wifi hub black, as I am on fibre 65. I dont mind waiting until the internet drops again before sending one out, but as I said im pretty certain it will happen again, as its been going on for 2 months.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 27

If disconnections continue at the test socket then we would need to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further as line tests are passing

Chris

0 Likes

adrian555155
Team Player
Message 12 of 27

So what could be causing the disconnects? They happen every few days consistently for the past 2 months, I am now on a double interleaved profile as of over a week ago, and the issue persists. Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 27

Hi adrian555155,

Thanks for the bump. Line test is clear and not showing any disconnections since the 14th

Chris

0 Likes

adrian555155
Team Player
Message 14 of 27

Bumping Thread. There was no disconnection yesterday, but I know it will happen again. The line is still connected to the test socket, could I a test completed on my line? Thanks

0 Likes

Message 15 of 27

OK thanks. To bump you just need to post again on the thread and it will bring it back into our queue 🙂

Chris

Message 16 of 27

Hi there Chris, yeah, the two reconnections yesterday were one in the afternoon when I plugged everything in to the test socket, and the second one was the internet dropping at 10PM. 

Also how can I bump a thread? 😅

0 Likes

Message 17 of 27

Hi adrian555155,

There were two reconnections yesterday, none so far today. Could you bump the thread tomorrow and we'll check again

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 27

Yes, I've just taken the plate of and plugged in the Internet and Landline to the test socket via a microfilter cable, could you run a test?

Edit: The internet has dropped today again for a minute at 10PM while it was connected to the test socket.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 27

Hi adrian555155

Thanks for your reply.

Yes this master socket should have a test socket underneath the face plate.

Debbie

0 Likes

adrian555155
Team Player
Message 20 of 27

@Michelle-TalkTalk I believe it does yea, I have one that says Master Socket 5C Openreach MK4, however I am waiting for a microfilter cable to arrive, it should be here in an hour or so