Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet dropping out

atheena
Popular Poster
Message 19 of 19

Not sure how to report this issue so I've come here.

I play online gaming via the computer and over the last few weeks the internet will drop for a few minutes then come back on. This will happen constantly throughout the night which makes the games unplayable.

The internet goes from the ethernet and when I check on my phone its gone from wifi too. Service status page says everything is ok.

The last provider had similar problems with my line because my house was too close to the box on the street and they needed to adjust some things.

How do request for someone to look into my line?

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Hi atheena

Just to confirm, have you tested with 2 different routers at the test socket? I can then pass this fault over to our Network Team for investigation.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 19

d LINK DSL-3782

I am sure the problem is a voltage related problem and will require an engineer with his fancy machine to check the voltage and adjust it. I had the same problem with Virgin and it was fixed within a week, engineer sent out immediately.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

What I said was relevant to the original poster of this thread. They were being offered a new router and I was asking what was the point of doing that if it was the same router. They clearly need proper technical support and judging from my own experience there is a reluctance in the organisation to admit to when they are not up to the technical specification of what they've sold customers.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

Hi @Imran2

Please can you create your own thread.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

Oh, dear looks like I have had my last reply deleted. Did it contravene the community guidelines in some way?

I don't see how truth can contravene community guidelines so I will try again.

I also was sent out a new router and it made no difference whatsoever - why would you even suggest it?

Moreover, there was no subsequent follow up by Talk Talk - even after they promised to send another engineer up. All the chasing had to be done by me.

I also mentioned that Talk talk had the second highest number of recorded complaints last year through Ofcom. I don't think that's anything to be proud of and it sounds to me that there must be systemic technical failure at the company, mirrored by the customer service - which is all about reading out computer says no scripts, from either Manilla or South Africa. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

Hi atheena

Thanks for your reply.

I can send a replacement router for testing. Just to confirm, which router did you receive previously? (make and model)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

Wow, sounds like you are having a really bad experience.

I had to end up cancelling my contract with Talktalk. They were unable to provide the service they had sold me.

They also tried everything in their power to charge me the cost of the contract on exit even though it was entirely their fault.

The customer service was also appalling - being bounced between Manila and South Africa endlessly. I had to escalate upto senior manager level.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

After trying other equipment, I'm still getting the couple of minute disconnects throughout the day.

If you think the new router will help, I will give that a go. I am a relatively new customer, would you have supplied me with a new router when I joined a couple of months ago or are they re-cycled old ones that are sent out to new customers?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

Hi atheena,

Thanks for confirming this. I've included a Help Article below.

Set up a non-TalkTalk router

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

I have a brand new tp-link AC1750 dual band router, could I use that? or do I have to use the ones supplied by talk talk?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

Hi atheena 

I can send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

atheena
Popular Poster
Message 12 of 19

Thanks for the reply. I've only just joined talktalk so all the equipment and cables are new.

I've been getting a lot of disconnect recently. In a catch 22 situation, can't log on to let anyone know it's happening without internet connection.

When I do a troubleshoot the most common error message I get is DNS server isn't responding. Not sure how or why this happens.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 19

Hi atheena 

Thanks for your reply.

I've checked the connection stats again this morning and the line is now showing in sync and connected for 1 day and 22 hours.

If you do experience any further issues then please post back on this thread and we can investigate this.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

Christmas eve was a really bad day for the connection. The connection in the past day or so has been good.... just as I ask someone to look into it.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 19

Hi atheena

Thank you for updating your Community Profile.

Your line is showing in sync and connected for just over 1 day and 5 hours.

When did you last experience a drop in connection?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19
Profile updated, tyia
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 17 of 19

Hi atheena

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you update your Community profile to include your name, telephone number and alternative contact number, we can then look into this further (Please do not post this information on this thread)

Please bump this thread to confirm once your Community profile has been updated.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 18 of 19

Hi @atheena

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?