Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet dropping

NOThappy69
Team Player
Message 18 of 18

Every day for several hours my internet is dropping off. I have done a speed test and I am not getting anywhere near my guaranteed speed level. This has been happening for weeks now. Not very happy at paying £27 a month for half a service. Can you please help. Thank you.

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Hi NOThappy69,

Glad to hear that you're back on line, current sync speed is 57.6Mbps so some improvement from earlier

Chris

0 Likes

NOThappy69
Team Player
Message 2 of 18

Hi, An Openreach engineer has been today and has hopefully fixed the line. Speed is a little slow, will this speed up? The main thing though is that I am back online and able to watch a little catch-up tv 😁. A big thanks to everyone who has helped. Karl. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

Hi Karl,

I've logged this back to Openreach for further investigations. Openreach may contact you directly of they need to access your home. If you don't hear anything by Thursday can you bump the thread and we'll check for updates

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

NOThappy69
Team Player
Message 4 of 18

Hi, the voice service seems to be fine, but the internet is still terrible. The internet is dropping all the time. Thank you, Karl.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this and I will take a look now. I've re-run the line test which has detected a possible fault. Is the voice service currently ok with no noise on the line? If the voice service is ok then please let us know and we will raise this over to Openreach as a broadband fault.

Thanks

0 Likes

NOThappy69
Team Player
Message 6 of 18

Hi Chris, I think I spoke too soon. About an hour after my last message my internet is dropping again. The router flashes red. Karl.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

Glad to hear it's back to normal, just let us know if you experience any further issues

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

NOThappy69
Team Player
Message 8 of 18

Hi, the last couple of days my internet seems to be back to normal. Fingers crossed the fault has been fixed. Thanks for the help. Karl.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

OK thanks. Does the light change on your router when the connection drops?

Is your router currently connected to your test socket (if you have one)?

Chris

0 Likes

NOThappy69
Team Player
Message 10 of 18

Hi Chris, still having trouble. Very little Internet since my last update. Still keep losing connection and when I am online not getting anywhere near my guaranteed speed. Thanks Karl.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

Hi NOThappy69,

Openreach have confirmed that the fault has been fixed, how has it been since your last post?

Chris

0 Likes

NOThappy69
Team Player
Message 12 of 18

Firstly can I just say thanks for all the help so far. Alas I have had another day of terrible connection. The morning was fine although my speeds were about 15meg. Then from about lunch time I've had very little internet.  Thanks in advance Karl.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

Hi NOThappy69

I have escalated this fault over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer and we should receive further updates within the next 48hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 14 of 18

@NOThappy69, details on how to access your test socket (if your master phone socket has one) can be found here : https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Your-guide-to-main-phone-sockets/ta-p/2205432

0 Likes

NOThappy69
Team Player
Message 15 of 18

Thanks for the reply's, the router is plugged into a phone socket. I'm not sure what a test socket is. The router flashes red. Thanks.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 16 of 18

Hi NOThappy69

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which has detected a potential fault.

Can I just check, is the router at the test socket at the moment?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 17 of 18

Hi @NOThappy69,

Do you know if the problem is with the router losing its connection to the internet (in which case a light on your router which is normally constantly lit will change colour or flash), or is it that you are losing Wi-Fi connection between your device(s) and your router (in which case the light(s) on the router will just carry on looking normal).

Do you have any ‘wired’ devices, do they also lose connection ?

If your router is losing its internet connection a lot then this will have a knock on effect on your speeds.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.