Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet drops when using TV or chromecast

sitaindra
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

Hello,

I have found that whenever I use any of the apps on my You view box  e.g Now TV or cast from my phone to my chrome cast I get a drop in connection every 20 to 30 minutes for 2 minutes or so before it reconnects.

I never have this problem if I just use my laptop for work and my phone to watch things but its getting annoying that this keeps happening when I want to watch on my TV. I have done line tests but they have all come back fine, reset the router and it still happens. 

Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks

Sita

Sita Indrakumar
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi

Can you please add your home phone number to your 'Community Profile' so I can pick this up for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

sitaindra
First Timer
Message 2 of 4

Hello,

Yes the box is connected directly to the router and it starts to flash orange when the drop happens. I have tried the pin reset but it is still happening. 

Thanks!

Sita Indrakumar
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi

Is the Youview box direct to the router with a cable or via powerline adapters ?

When the drop happens, does the light on the router flash ?

Have you tried a pin reset of the router - hold a pin or paperclip in the reset hole at the back for 10 seconds and this will fully reset the router. 

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes