Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet keeps disconnecting

Rmorais
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Hi, my Internet disconnects about 2-3 times a day the white light turns red and blinks and then it reconnects again. However when it does reconnect I have to physically turn router off and on again  as even though it has a white light there is still no connection. Today its been blinking orange for the past hour and hasn't reconnected, I restarted router and now its working again. Please advise what the issue is. This has been happening for a few months now. And I'm just getting to the point where I'm fed up having to keep switching router on and off. Please help

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Rmorais

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 2 of 6
Yes please

Message 3 of 6

HI Debbie,

Yes please at this point I will try everything.

Kindest Regards

Raquel Morais 

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 6

Hi Rmorais

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults.

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing to see how the connection compares?

Thanks

Debbie

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi @Rmorais,

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

It could also possibly be a fault with your router, the staff here will be able to take a look and if they did feel this was a router fault they would be able to arrange a replacement for you. They will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.