Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet not working and useless technical help

warwickl
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

Hello, my internet connection was working perfectly fine until 8.30am Sunday 23 May. Having not been able to get through to anyone by phone on the Sunday I managed to speak with someone from the technical team the next day (Monday) i was told there is an outage in my area and they trying to resolve it. I explained that like many people at the moment my wife and I work from home and are unable to do so with no internet connection and so we have forced to take annual leave. I was told we would be treated as a priority and that we should have connection by the end of the day.

Surprise surprise that has not happened. I have been forced to commute into the workplace after begging my employers to let me do so as I don't want to lose more leave whilst having no internet connection. My wife has taken another days leave. Having called again today, I have been told there is an issue with talk talk (confirmed as my neighbours who use BT and other providers all have access) and that engineers are working on the problem and that they cannot provide me with a time/date for the issue to be resolved.

This is simply not good enough. Is anyone else having the same issue? I live in the Tonbridge/Tunbridge Wells area. The talk talk website is showing that there are no issues with their network. Well there clearly is and at least it is acknowledged via the phone.

I need this resolved today. If not, I will cancel my talk talk contract.

Thanks.

leigh
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi warwickl

How are you getting on following the engineer visit?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8
0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Thanks Debbie will do.

leigh

Message 4 of 8

Hi warwickl

Thanks for confirming your details.

I have arranged the engineer visit 26/05 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 8

Hi warwickl

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so I can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Thanks for the response Debbie. I have no idea why the technical help couldn't tell me this on both occasions I called.

Is it possible to get an engineer there today/tomorrow?

Thanks,

leigh
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hi warwickl

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line test has detected a possible fault towards the property and Openreach are requesting that we arrange an engineer visit.

I can arrange the engineer visit for you on the Community, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes