Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet signal cuts out on youviewbox

colinbs
Popular Poster
Message 13 of 13

Occansionally but getting more frequent the signal on the youview box cuts out and tv goes blank. Strangely our neighbour has the same problem with talk talk recently. For example watching iplayer yesterday signal stopped and a message said tempoary problem please try reconnecting. My youview box is connected by powerline adapter.

A speed test on my pc shows 128 download and 29 upload. My phone via wifi is showing 24-28 download and uploads of 27-28.

The wifi analyser shows I'm not on a congested channel although strength does vary sometimes.

Additionally when using Whats app the signal often freezes and keeps needing to reconnect a problem we don't seem to have in other locations. Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi

Yep, if recorded content stalls on playback this is within the box and not affected by the internet connection.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

colinbs
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 13

Hi Whats app is used via the wifi on our phones.

As far as we recall its mainly recordings from the youview box rather than on demand(the box is not that old). So the problem maybe in the box, not a bad problem we know just to wait 30 seconds and off we go again.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi

Is whatsapp being used over WiFi ?

With the freeze on the TV box, is this when watching on demand content of freeview content etc ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

colinbs
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 13

Hi Karl

Our broadband speed is still good but we are having a few problems with apps such as Whatsapp freezing and disconnecting occansionally. Aditionally our youbox will freeze for about 30seconds before carrying on(not sure if the 2 are related)

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Hi

Tests are looking a lot better, but monitor for the rest of the week and see how performance levels are over the next few days of normal use.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

colinbs
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 13

Hi Karl,

New router plugged in

Speed test PC before was around 125 down and 29.5 up, after 138  down and 29.5 up

phone on wifi showed before 20-34 down 28 up after 37 down and 29 up.

So some improvement on download speeds but not sure if this will make a lot of difference . I know you noticed some variations and it will be interesting to se if therehas been any improvements.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi

OK, thanks for confirming.  I've been having a look at the line and I'm seeing some variations in the line rate.

I've a different model Hub on the way to you to see how this behaves. 

If the drops continue and I still see some issues across the line with the other router in place then I'll arrange an engineer.

Can you put the new router in place when it arrives and let me know so I can retest.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

colinbs
Popular Poster
Message 8 of 13

Hi Karl,

Twice yesterday I had a freeze and both times the powerline adapters stayed green

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Hi,

OK, we need to see if it is the adapters that are failing, when this happens, take a look at the adapters and see if the lights have gone amber or red.  This can indicate a communication issue between the 2 devices.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

colinbs
Popular Poster
Message 10 of 13

This seems to happen with a number of apps. A couple of days ago the iplayer stopped and said internet connection had been interupted and  i needed to restart the program.

Powerline adapters plugged directly into wall.

Not seen what colour the lights go

Thanks

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 13

Hi colinbs

Does this happen with all apps or just a specific app ?

Are the powerline adapters direct into wall sockets and not in extension blocks ?

When this happens, do the light on the adapters change, go red or amber etc, or do they remain green ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 12 of 13

Hi @colinbs your post has been escalated for assistance but the team here don't work weekends 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes