Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet speed slow after "Tech Support" chat...

DavidJ4
Team Player
Message 49 of 49

Hello

My internet speeds with "TalkTalk" were always slow. I've been getting not more than 1.7mbp/s (Not MB, 0.200MB) which is really slow and in the service availability it states that I should get at least 3-6MB.

So yesterday, I've called the Tech Support via phone, and they've done multiple testings. I had to remove faceplate from mastersocket, plug DSL cable into test line, and the agent told that no problems were found, but they updated my router (which is false, because it was same version before and after that) and he also stated to monitor my internet speeds.

So currently, my speeds became even worse than before, and I'm planning actually of leaving talktalk after so many years of service with them. I need immediate support.

Thanks.

RomualdJ
0 Likes
48 REPLIES 48

Message 21 of 49

Hello

After using this new router for two days, the max speeds on a website was showing 3.15-3-20MB/s on multiple testings.

The router helped by 0.20mbs.

RomualdJ
0 Likes

Message 22 of 49

Hi

A new router is on the way for testing.

This should arrive in the next 24-48 working hours.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 23 of 49

Hello, sorry for repplying late.

yes please, send a new router.

RomualdJ
0 Likes

Message 24 of 49

Hi

Would you like to try a new router to rule out a hardware issue ?

We can send one.

Thanks

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 25 of 49

I only do have one router which is "H.1.01 Super-Router HG633"

RomualdJ
0 Likes

Message 26 of 49

Hi DavidJ4

Your line is currently in sync at 3.7mb

Can I just check if you have also tested with a different router? Which router are you currently using? (make and model)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 27 of 49

UPDATE:

Currently internet speeds are up to 3mb, won't go any higher with only one device connected. Once I connect another device, it drops to 2.5 and so on. 

For £27 a month only for 3MB/s, I think I will be able to find a much better deal with other ISP.

RomualdJ
0 Likes

Message 28 of 49

We can't manually adjust the profile. it's an automated process. DLM monitors the line for drops in connections and errors, if the number of errors and/or connections drops exceed the limit specified by the algorithm the line profile is adjust to a slower one. If the connection is stable with few errors then DLM will move to a faster profile

Chris

0 Likes

Message 29 of 49

Hi

Why would it be in the lower profile before? And is it possible to move it even to a higher profile?

Thanks.

RomualdJ
0 Likes

Message 30 of 49

Thanks for the bump, looking OK so far, DLM moved you to a faster profile in the early hours of this morning. Can you continue to monitor over the weekend

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

Message 31 of 49

bump

RomualdJ
0 Likes

Message 32 of 49
0 Likes

Message 33 of 49

Do I have to leave router connected to the test socket?

RomualdJ
0 Likes

Message 34 of 49

Thanks, I've restarted the DLM optimisation process, can you bump the thread tomorrow and we'll see how you're getting on

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 35 of 49

I already did that. Will use 3G network on phone to communicate on forums further more.

RomualdJ
0 Likes

Message 36 of 49

Yes please, if you could do this and let me know when you've done it I'll restart the optimisation process

Chris

0 Likes

Message 37 of 49

Yes. I can open faceplate and put it inside the test socket if you wish. 

RomualdJ
0 Likes

Message 38 of 49

So is the face plate currently on the master socket? (Information about master socket/test socket)

Chris

0 Likes

Message 39 of 49

I did not understand the question clearly. All I know thay mastersocket c5 downstairs works and other socket (not master) does not work. When I moved to this house company said that it might not work as it is not connected.

RomualdJ
0 Likes

Message 40 of 49

Is the socket physically disconnected from the master socket? If not then it still could be causing interference even if the socket doesn't work 

Chris

0 Likes