Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet speed slow after "Tech Support" chat...

DavidJ4
Team Player
Message 49 of 49

Hello

My internet speeds with "TalkTalk" were always slow. I've been getting not more than 1.7mbp/s (Not MB, 0.200MB) which is really slow and in the service availability it states that I should get at least 3-6MB.

So yesterday, I've called the Tech Support via phone, and they've done multiple testings. I had to remove faceplate from mastersocket, plug DSL cable into test line, and the agent told that no problems were found, but they updated my router (which is false, because it was same version before and after that) and he also stated to monitor my internet speeds.

So currently, my speeds became even worse than before, and I'm planning actually of leaving talktalk after so many years of service with them. I need immediate support.

Thanks.

RomualdJ
0 Likes
48 REPLIES 48

Message 41 of 49

Pluged in my router into other socket. As I've mentioned before, it does not work. My router only displays power and flashing wireless LED. 

Thanks. 

RomualdJ
0 Likes

Message 42 of 49

As you have another telephone socket I think it's worth connecting your router to the test socket again and we can then restart the optimisation process. This should eliminate any potential noise/interference being introduced to the circuit if the extension socket or wiring are faulty

Chris

0 Likes

Message 43 of 49
Yes, I do only have one socket. Nothing besides router is connected to it. I also have another socket upstairs, but it is not working by some reason.

Thanks
RomualdJ
0 Likes

Message 44 of 49

Do you just have the one telephone socket? Do you have any other devices connected to your telephone socket(s) in addition to your router?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 45 of 49

Hi.

It is connected directly to mastersocket. 

RomualdJ
0 Likes

Message 46 of 49

Hi DavidJ4,

Is your router still connected to the test socket at the moment?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 47 of 49

Hello, thanks for a quick reply.

The speeds went back as it was before I made a tech call (1.5mb tested via Talk Talk speed tester with LAN cable without any more devices connected) but I think it's still too low.

I would be sattisfied if it could be 3-4mb, as now it takes a lot of time to download one game (60gb 5 days).

RomualdJ
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 48 of 49

Hi

I've reset the port and optimised DLM.

The snr has reduced and speed has increased.

Can you retest.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes