Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet

silverbird63
Whizz Kid
Message 20 of 20

Several occasions recently the internet has cut out. We have to turn the modem off then on again to reconnect. Not good when your in the middle of banking.  This not great as we also lost landline early last week which needed attention by BT. We are coming to end of contract in I to October good time to move in on. Can one of the OCEs pick this up. Thanks

Not an expert at much just like to learn about as many things as I can
0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Hi

OK, if you need further help or there are any reoccurring issues, please let us know.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

silverbird63
Whizz Kid
Message 2 of 20

Currently ok. However this outage happens from time time. Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

Morning,

Ok thanks for confirming. How are the speeds are the moment? Would it be possible to also run a wired speed test please?

Thanks

0 Likes

silverbird63
Whizz Kid
Message 4 of 20

Unwired. We had outage again Sunday morning we switched box on and off and we had reconnection

0 Likes

Message 5 of 20

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've re-checked the connection stats and the sync speed looks very consistent. Were all these speed tests completed wired or wireless?

Thanks

0 Likes

silverbird63
Whizz Kid
Message 6 of 20

On Saturday 09.10 we are getting as low as 2.4 , 17, 23, 7. Not very good is it. What do you suggest or this normal? Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 20
0 Likes

silverbird63
Whizz Kid
Message 8 of 20

Hi Michelle we have been away since Monday to Friday so could you wait till Friday I will report back. Thanks for your help ☺️

0 Likes

Message 9 of 20

Morning,

I've re-checked the connection stats now and the connection looks stable. How has the stability and speed been since your last post?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 20

Hi,

Ok, I will check the connection stats on Wednesday and will post back here with an update 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

silverbird63
Whizz Kid
Message 11 of 20

You can check it by all means. Just send me notification with results. Thanks Michelle

0 Likes

Message 12 of 20

Hello,

I've run a test on the line now which is clear. Would it be possible to post back here in 48hrs and we can re-check the connection stats again to see how the stability compares?

Thanks

0 Likes

silverbird63
Whizz Kid
Message 13 of 20

It has happened recently 3 times I don't know what happens during the night but couldn't sleep last week I was downstairs at 1.35am and the internet was. down. I do remember the  we have had issues in the past that needed adjustments at the BT mainbox. Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 20

Hello,

Thanks for the update. I wouldn't advise switching the router off too often as DLM may think that the connection is unstable. How often has this been happening?

Thanks

0 Likes

silverbird63
Whizz Kid
Message 15 of 20

thanks Michelle.

It seems ok we shut down for 30mins since then ok. But it does happen . Would it be advisable to turn off for a week while away,?

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 16 of 20

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. How has the connection/stability been since your last post?

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 17 of 20

Do the 30 minute switch off just once, and then leave the router running till staff get back to you on this thread.

See if the connection holds up better over the 48 hours or so once you have done that, @silverbird63.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

silverbird63
Whizz Kid
Message 18 of 20

Landline sorted. Do we leave internet off 30mins then . Tried plugged into main socket no problems with house. I think it could be modem?

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 19 of 20

@silverbird63, could you confirm whether the recent issue with the landline was resolved?

Link to your other thread:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Home-Phone/Home-phone-dead/m-p/2816827#M147284

One of the first questions staff will ask when they return is whether you are noticing any crackling etc on the landline. 

Staff will be back on Monday. 

They will probably ask whether you have left the router off for 30 minutes to start a new session - not just a minute or two. 

Further guidelines are here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Your-guide-to-main-phone-sockets/ta-p/2205432

Leaving the router plugged in at the test socket, with a micro-filter, will help exclude the possibility of a fault within your house.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes