Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with remote control - doesn't respond when fast forwarding.

Anne46
Team Player
Message 11 of 11

When trying to fast forward through adverts in a recorded programme, once started I am unable to stop fast forwarding.  If I fast forward for a few seconds and then stop it's ok but to get through the adverts I have to keep stopping and starting (the fast forwarding) otherwise it just carries on and will carry on until the end of the recorded programme.  I got a new Youview box some months ago but no new remote control as the one I had works; supposedly.  I can't say for sure the issue has been since then but I never had that issue prior to getting the new box.

Incidentally I was chatting online to an advisor about the fibre broadband which starts tomorrow; I then mentioned the remote control issue which she appeared to completely ignore and then ended the chat abruptly! 😠  I wasn't even able to show an emoji to show how I felt the chat went!!

Anne

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi

The remote should have two power buttons, one for the TV and one for the youview box.  

we cannot always guarantee the remote will work with all models of TV.

If the remote will not operate the TV correctly then you will have to use the TV remote separately for those functions.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Thanks for your reply.  However that doesn't address the issue of the mute and volume buttons not working on the new remote control but they did work on the old one.  I'm not concerned about programming the YouView remote to control the TV I just wanted to try it as somebody had suggested it and I have issues, as I said, when turning TV on and the 'no signal' message popping up; which again, as I said, I could resolve by pressing the on button on the old YV remote but that does not work on the new one.

So it seems I have to either use the old one and not be able to fast forward recordings or use the new one with less functionality!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi

All available codes are published on our help article, but not all codes are available.

You can try a search of the various AV forums via google and see if anyone has a better code for your model of TV.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hi Karl,

Received the new remote, thank you.

However there seem to be some issues with it.  If the TV has been off for hours while the YouView box is on, when I turn the TV on a 'No Signal' message pops up.  Previously I would press and hold for a couple of seconds, the on button on the old remote and the TV would come on.  That doesn't happen with the new remote.  The only way I could get the TV back on was to switch TV and box off at the wall and back on.  Also the mute and volume buttons don't work on the new remote whereas they did on the old one.  Thirdly someone suggested progamming the YV remote to control the TV.  Having managed to put in a code to do this and the led light flashing twice I am unable to control the TV with the YV remote. Per: https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/TalkTalk-Remote-Control-Guide/ta-p/2204370

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi

I'll get a replacement remote out to you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

This is with recorded programmes not OD.

Is there a possibility of getting a new remote control? I have had this one for many years, having been a customer for so long. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

This is with recorded programmes not OD. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Hi

We are aware of some issues with on demand with FF at full speed, but at half it works better.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 9 of 11

Certainly when at full speed I can't stop it fast forwarding. I haven't tried letting it run at 2x, 6x or 12x but my son said it's ok on 2x. But that's not good. 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 11

Hi Anne

Are you FF at full speed or just at 2x or 3x etc.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes