Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

It's been two weeks since my router stopped working

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Unfortunately, this isn't new to me as this has happened in the past. The last time, it took 24+ days and countless engineer visits for them to realize that my router was actually broken. Just like last time, I woke up to my router showing a red light under 'power' and even after waiting for 15+ minutes and turning it back on, it doesn't work. Live chat and customer service say the same thing 'We are doing checks. Oh checks don't say anything useful, call scheduled for 72 hours' and cut. Query has been submitted 3 times already.

Fortunately, I found that the community is a lot more responsive. I really need help with this.

Highlighted
Community Star

If the power light is going red on this router & previous routers, then there is no doubt that the router is faulty, but why do you keep suffering from this? The only things I can think of is either a problem with your electrical wiring or possibly you are not allowing the router sufficient ventilation.

Anyway, in the meantime let's see if the OCEs will replace it for you. I will ask them on your behalf now.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Thank you so much for your reply. I can assure you that the router is and has always been placed in a sufficiently ventilated area (there is a window right next to it, so yeah...). It's anyone's guess why it happened with me for the second time. Anyway, thank you for your help. I'll be awaiting the OCE's reply. 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi KrishanK

I'm sorry to hear this.

Is your router currently connected at the test socket? I have completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults.

Have you tried factory resetting your router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Debbie, sorry for the trouble!

I turned the router off since it wasn't doing much. Its on now. Can you do the checks again please? If you still don't find anything, I'll perform a factory reset. Thank you for your help. 

Highlighted

Hi KrishanK

Thanks for your reply.

Is the router connected at the test socket?

I've completed a further line test which isn't detecting any faults. If you are still experiencing this fault following the factory reset then we can send a replacement router for testing.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Sorry, didn't connect to test socket earlier. It's connected now. Can please do the checks for the final time and then I'll do the reset. 

Popular Poster

IMG-20190401-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20190401-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20190401-WA0005.jpg

Highlighted

Hi KrishanK

Thanks for your reply.

I've completed a further line test which is still clear. Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing?

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Yes please, I would really appreciate it Debbie, as it's clear the the problem lies in the router. 

Highlighted

Hi KrishanK

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

I'd like to thank Keith and you, Debbie for this. What could've taken weeks through live chat and calling was solved in 2 days with the help of the community. I'd like to report that the new router has solved the problem.IMG_20190402_170958.jpg

Highlighted

Hi KrishanK

That's great, thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Debbie