Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

JG633 tv light not on

12 REPLIES 12
Becnes
Chatterbox

My internet went down on Tuesday.  BT advised that a an engineer had plugged someone else's broadband lines into my port.  OpenReach engineer corrected and internet back on but TV light on HG633 isnt. Talk Talk customer service are saying its a fault with my TV not their HG633.  Reset hub and Simpler Powerline adaptors and re-paired.  TV light still not on

Community Team

Hi Becnes,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your service. Line test passes, sync speed is good and connection looks stable. Could you check the powerline adapter guide and confirm that they are working correctly

Thanks

Chris

Becnes
Chatterbox

Hi Chris, thank you for taking the time to reply.

Using Simpler Networks Adapters

* Paired the Adapters

* Reset the Adapters

* Paired the Adapters

Network Status on Smart TV advises:

IP auto setting failed.  Try to set the IP automatically or set up manually.

Ensure the DHCP server is enabled on the wireless network.

Contact your internet service provider for more info.

Regards Becnes

Becnes
Chatterbox

Looking at previous posts with the same issue - do I need a router firmware update?

Regards

Becnes

Community Team

Hi Becnes,

I've checked and the router has the latest version of firmware. Could I just confirm, have you tried factory resetting the router and then resetting this up again?

Thanks

Becnes
Chatterbox

Hi Michelle, I factory reset the router and pressed WPS button prior to resetting and pairing the powerline devices

Regards

Becnes 

Community Team

Hi Becnes,

Ok, would you like us to send a different router for testing purposes to rule this out?

Thanks

Becnes
Chatterbox

Hi Michelle, thank you, that's much appreciated.  I think having my line disconnected and reconnected from the port has upset some of the config in my current router.

Regards

Becnes

Community Team

Hi Becnes

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Becnes
Chatterbox

Thank you Debbie.  I'll feedback on this thread

Regards

Becnes

Community Team
Becnes
Chatterbox

Thanks Team, new router received and TV light is now lit.  My Smart TV connects to the internet.  Thank you!

Regards

Becnes

Community Team

Hi Becnes,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks