Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large number of unknown connected devices

Merv19511
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

I have just been on to the Talktalk Service Centre, and it tells me that I have 159 connected devices. The maximum number of genuine devices I have is 11. Listing them most are unknown, but some are android phones. that I do not recognise. I am extremely concerned about this, even though the Talktalk scan does not throw up any issues. Any suggestions?  I cannot find out how to contact Talktalk technical dept directly , which would be my preferred option. Thanks

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

I'm only showing 5 devices connected currently.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Thanks Karl

I have put my home number on my profile.

FYI, when I check what is connected via Windows explorer it shows only what what I would expect to see.

Of course, my main concern is could this be a security issue?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Thanks...will do

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 6

Hi Merv19511

Service centre can sometimes be a little behind. Add your Home number to your 'Community Profile' and we can see whats connected in real time.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

I would suggest you change your WiFi password.

A pain to reconnect the 11 devices you have but for piece of mind best option.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes